3-Feb

2019-2020 11th 642    
2018-2019 10th 582    
2017-2018 9th 415    
2016-2017 8th 164    

total

Over 700 RBDs, 300 Steals, 300 assists - been a part of over 100 wins

10 hours ago, TennesseeValley said:

Madison Hart may be the best player I have seen with my own eyes this year across the board. She is tough going to the basket and handful on the boards. Her stats speak for themselves. It should be between her and Weathers, but without Weathers supporting cast I give the edge to Hart.

I don’t see how any unbiased party that knows basketball can vote against her. Hadn’t anyone guarded her since she has been in HS. Hopefully she can lead us to another Gold Ball.

Edited by pioneer42

3 hours ago, zapper said:

Jesse Jennings from Richland High School - Class A Miss Basketball Candidate

Career point totals      
2020-2021 12th 368  

3-Feb

2019-2020 11th 642    
2018-2019 10th 582    
2017-2018 9th 415    
2016-2017 8th 164    

total

Over 700 RBDs, 300 Steals, 300 assists - been a part of over 100 wins

Those are very impressive numbers!  I saw her play last season and she was tough to handle.  

1 hour ago, pioneer42 said:

I don’t see how any unbiased party that knows basketball can vote against her. Hadn’t anyone guard since she has been in HS. Hopefully she can lead us to another Gold Ball.

I have seen hart and weathers play.  Both are very deserving and different type players but I would give the edge to weathers. 

1 hour ago, 1983 said:

I have seen hart and weathers play.  Both are very deserving and different type players but I would give the edge to weathers. 

Let them play 1 on 1 and decide it. I’ll take Hart and it won’t be close. Heather Butler is the all time leading scoring leader in the OVC and won 2 AA Gold Balls back to back and went 70-1 and had D-1 scholarships all over the country and didn’t win it. Chloe Moore deserved it the last two years and won it, but for Heather Butler not to win it is BS. Loretto has lost 5 games and GC has lost 1. No way she deserves it over Madison Hart. Nobody and I mean nobody has guarded her yet. 

Edited by pioneer42

8 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

Let them play 1 on 1 and decide it. I’ll take Hart and it won’t be close. Heather Butler is the all time leading scoring leader in the OVC and won 2 AA Gold Balls back to back and went 70-1 and had D-1 scholarships all over the country and didn’t win it. Chloe Moore deserved it the last two years and won it, but for Heather Butler not to win it is BS. Loretto has lost 5 games and GC has lost 1. No way she deserves it over Madison Hart. Nobody and I mean nobody has guarded her yet. 

Your bias is showing. Hart is a phenomenal player. I would have no problem with her winning the award. But to discount Weathers is not fair to a kid who has proven herself to be elite. Her game, her numbers, and her college offers prove it. True, Loretto has lost 5 games but her surrounding talent took a big step back this year. Also those 5 losses are Upperman, Lebanon, Brentwood, Olive Branch and Summertown - that’s 5 top end teams.

Madison Hart is a great player but I don’t think the decision between the two is obvious as you make it seem

• Like 1

1 hour ago, maddams said:

Your bias is showing. Hart is a phenomenal player. I would have no problem with her winning the award. But to discount Weathers is not fair to a kid who has proven herself to be elite. Her game, her numbers, and her college offers prove it. True, Loretto has lost 5 games but her surrounding talent took a big step back this year. Also those 5 losses are Upperman, Lebanon, Brentwood, Olive Branch and Summertown - that’s 5 top end teams.

Madison Hart is a great player but I don’t think the decision between the two is obvious as you make it seem

I agree with this, Hart has a better supporting cast than weathers does.  

2 hours ago, maddams said:

My opinion wouldn’t change. Weathers couldn’t guard Hart. The thing I don’t like about the award is Weathers was nominated the last two years and they will vote for her because she didn’t win it last year. That isn’t the way it should work. They need to give it to the player that has had the best year. Hart has led her team to a 24-1 record with wins over Dyersburg twice, Creekwood, Dyer County twice, Greenfield, Peabody, USJ, Crockett County twice, TCA twice, South Gibson. 

Edited by pioneer42

37 minutes ago, 1983 said:

I agree with this, Hart has a better supporting cast than weathers does.  

She is a great player, but you feel she has had a better year than Madison??  I don’t think so. Madison has been on the bench a ton because of subs playing like Chloe was last year. She put up 41 on Creekwood first game of the year. I have seen her play her whole career and no disrespect to Karly but no one  in the state has came close to slowing her down yet. 

Edited by pioneer42