Franklin county

Raider1234

• 2 weeks later...

It’s going to be interesting to see how things shake out for this program. 

The new choice for the head coach brought mixed reviews when he was hired, from what I remember. Year 2 will be a big year for further instilling his coaching style and leadership principles into the program and helping them improve. Hopefully he’s ready for the challenge. I always hope for the best when a hometown guy is the head coach of their school. We need more of that in this state. 

On 2/17/2021 at 5:37 PM, SurfingPatriot786 said:

The new choice for the head coach brought mixed reviews when he was hired, from what I remember. Year 2 will be a big year for further instilling his coaching style and leadership principles into the program and helping them improve. Hopefully he’s ready for the challenge. I always hope for the best when a hometown guy is the head coach of their school. We need more of that in this state. 

Bigger question is the Principal going to stay out of it and NOT tell the Coach who to play.................FINALLY!

On 2/17/2021 at 5:37 PM, SurfingPatriot786 said:

Take the Top 3 programs in the state. I would say Maryville, Alcoa and Oakland.  Do any of these have home town head coaches running their programs?  Is there any successful program in the state have a hometown man running the program. I know around here Hughes at Fairview does a good job but I would not count them as an elite program in any way. Martin here at SH but that has been a nightmare.  Any others?