Maryville Fans.....

chs1984

On 2/17/2021 at 6:47 AM, tnredskin said:

Coach Olive was at Loudon in 1983 and was a big reason that team went 12-1 and defeated a good Maryville team! He was very well respected and liked by all the students and players! Due to cutbacks in budget he was let go by a very political school board and that didn't sit very well with students. Students actually protested to the school board but it done no good. Loudon let a great man, coach and teacher walk away! Congratulations coach on a great career, I'm sure you have touched many lives of students and players ! From the 1983 REDSKINS thank you !!

It might have had something to do with the Brown kid and Cedric Kline! :D

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/22/2021 at 1:48 PM, coachspanky said:

It might have had something to do with the Brown kid and Cedric Kline! :D

John Olive is one of the best men I have ever known. He is a great football coach but an even better man. I am better today for knowing him. 

On 10/5/2021 at 12:08 PM, FilmCzar said:

John Olive is one of the best men I have ever known. He is a great football coach but an even better man. I am better today for knowing him. 

That's great to hear. I know him very well. John's dad was Rev. Howard Olive a very well liked man in Maryville. John is a chip off the old block.