Who makes the decision?? Postponed Games??

pioneer42

On 2/19/2021 at 8:51 PM, pioneer42 said:

I personally wouldn’t want my girls not playing before Region. You have to play three in a row at state to win it. I would be afraid that they would get out of shape and get sloppy. McKenzie will likely have 2 weeks off right before you tip it off??  

It's tough because you have to weigh the importance of playing and practicing. While not playing any games for multiple weeks before entering region is obviously bad, do you want to have to rush through playing district without getting adequate rest (plus possibly not being in shape from the long layoff). I'm sure there are a number of teams that practiced during the snow stuff, but I know there are a number that weren't allowed. If kids don't work on their own, that's a week plus of doing nothing. Jumping into playing three games in 3-4 days isn't a good idea if they've lost some conditioning. 

Whole situation is a Catch 22.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, SportsWestTN said:

It's tough because you have to weigh the importance of playing and practicing. While not playing any games for multiple weeks before entering region is obviously bad, do you want to have to rush through playing district without getting adequate rest (plus possibly not being in shape from the long layoff). I'm sure there are a number of teams that practiced during the snow stuff, but I know there are a number that weren't allowed. If kids don't work on their own, that's a week plus of doing nothing. Jumping into playing three games in 3-4 days isn't a good idea if they've lost some conditioning. 

Whole situation is a Catch 22.

McKenzie’s case might not have been so bad, but they are playing district now. Region 7 won’t have a substate so if the skipped District that would put them about 3 games in a month. I agree though it is not an ideal situation. Has negatives both ways.

33 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

McKenzie’s case might not have been so bad, but they are playing district now. Region 7 won’t have a substate so if the skipped District that would put them about 3 games in a month. I agree though it is not an ideal situation. Has negatives both ways.

Is it set that Region 7&8 will not have a substate game this season?

6 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

Single-A having all SCS in Region 8 certainly changes things up and makes the decision weirder. At the end of the day, you want your team to be playing their best basketball when it counts. 

1 hour ago, SportsWestTN said:

I guess I didn't realize that. With you saying they weren't going to have a substate, I assumed they still weren't playing.

Yeah as far as I know they are out. Looks like Monday or  Tuesday whenever Region Semis are we will know who punches the ticket to Murfreesboro for Region 7.