Who makes the decision?? Postponed Games??

pioneer42

8 minutes ago, Croppygenius said:

If the Fillies can get past Wayne Co which is a big if maybe we can make Summertown sweat a little. Actually we match well with Summertown. Hopefully we can keep it close. Love playing in that big wooden gym. That antique is almost as old as I am.

Y'all do matchup well with Summertown Addison and Singleton have to stay out of foul trouble. Brooklyn Williams has definitely stepped up her play on the defensive side of things and she is key ( I really enjoy watching her play).  I would go with the game plan that the Fillies came out with the lady rebels in the second matchup... Summertown is winnable when y'all matchup with them but you can not turn the ball over.

2 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

I don’t think it helps anyone setting out. 13 A will be alive and well and the Tournament to watch. Looking like a possible Geeenfield Gleason matchup at Greenfield I would guess on Tuesday providing Gleason wins their play in. Huntingdon for sure not happy. 

Lay offs are bad for teams. Hoping my Lady Rebels are still playing great bball. Wish we could have played our tournament though.... Huntingdon always gives us a tough game and we need that for region play.  Greenfield having home court advantage is huge. Gleason has never played well at Greenfield. Looking forward to that matchup on Tuesday.

57 minutes ago, rebelman101 said:

Y'all do matchup well with Summertown Addison and Singleton have to stay out of foul trouble. Brooklyn Williams has definitely stepped up her play on the defensive side of things and she is key ( I really enjoy watching her play).  I would go with the game plan that the Fillies came out with the lady rebels in the second matchup... Summertown is winnable when y'all matchup with them but you can not turn the ball over.

If I am Huntingdon I press them the whole game. What GC did two years ago two games and Huntingdon’s press won it last year. And it may not work, but what do you have to lose?? Summertown is outstanding, but I hadn’t personally seen them this year against 4 quarters of non stop full court pressure. They play extremely great half court defense with Jones and Campbell. I try personally to play fast and try to create some space and put pressure on them in the full court. This is if they play of course. Brooklyn Williams really hurt them in the 2nd Half last year with the full court pressure.

Edited by pioneer42

41 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

If I am Huntingdon I press them the whole game. What GC did two years ago two games and Huntingdon’s press won it last year. And it may not work, but what do you have to lose?? Summertown is outstanding, but I hadn’t personally seen them this year against 4 quarters of non stop full court pressure. They play extremely great half court defense with Jones and Campbell. I try personally to play fast and try to create some space and put pressure on them in the full court. This is if they play of course. Brooklyn Williams really hurt them in the 2nd Half last year with the full court pressure.

I agree, Fillies have enough depth to press hard the whole game. William's is playing well lately. If Butler can get hot from 3 point land we may scare Summertown. Doubt we can take care of the ball well enough to win.

12 minutes ago, Croppygenius said:

I agree, Fillies have enough depth to press hard the whole game. William's is playing well lately. If Butler can get hot from 3 point land we may scare Summertown. Doubt we can take care of the ball well enough to win.

I would play a bunch and do it. Who is your PG this year?? Is it younger Fuller??

2 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

I don’t think it helps anyone setting out. 13 A will be alive and well and the Tournament to watch. Looking like a possible Greenfield  Gleason matchup at Greenfield I would guess on Tuesday providing Gleason wins their play in. Huntingdon for sure not happy. 

You are exactly right Greenfield vs Gleason will be a big game on Tuesday night. They will have to beat Dresden first who has played better basketball as the season has progressed. Dresden play Greenfield extremely close at Greenfield the last time. Bradford played UC to 5 points the last time as well. You have to show up every night in the 13A tourney 

6 minutes ago, purplengolduc said:

You are exactly right Greenfield vs Gleason will be a big game on Tuesday night. They will have to beat Dresden first who has played better basketball as the season has progressed. Dresden play Greenfield extremely close at Greenfield the last time. Bradford played UC to 5 points the last time as well. You have to show up every night in the 13A tourney 

Lake County beat Gleason in the upset of the year probably in the state earlier in the year. I do think Union City wins the District Tournament. Think their two stars will get going and their number 11 is a big time defensive player. Union City much like Gibson County will be a major force if it protects the ball and stays out of foul trouble. 

7 hours ago, Croppygenius said:

I'm hearing district 11a has cancelled the district tourney. Also hearing Fillies are playing Wayne Co at home Thursday night so I assume district 12 has cancelled theirs also.

I think that may be a rumor.  I don’t think that is confirmed as of yet.

27 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

Lake County beat Gleason in the upset of the year probably in the state earlier in the year. I do think Union City wins the District Tournament. Think their two stars will get going and their number 11 is a big time defensive player. Union City much like Gibson County will be a major force if it protects the ball and stays out of foul trouble. 

If UC and GC do those things we will be in a collision course for a Regional Championship Game

23 minutes ago, GlassHouseBound said:

The game to watch is the 13A championship.   Winner basically punches their ticket to state.  Loser gets the privilege of going to Dyer and taking its chances against the number 1 team in the state.  Don’t see anyone in the district beating GC at home.  

I agree the 13 A champion will have an easier path and will have home court advantage. Lot of fun basketball around the corner. I do think if Gibson County is to be gotten it better be this year because they will be really good the next three after this year.They lose no one this year and has a good Jr High Class the next two years. Wilkins’ young trees he planted the last few years is started to bear good fruit.