• Westview
    • Grainger
    • Maplewood
    • Macon Co
    • Covington
    • Northview
    • Creek Wood

1 hour ago, UCSportsFan said:

I think it’s more of the back drop and going from a high school gym to a collegiate gym and its openness 

I agree... the entire dynamic is off, fans are farther away, back drops, even the lighting coming from the sides of the court as well

Edited by tnchad1980

3 minutes ago, tnchad1980 said:

I was t overly impressed today with Northview or Creek Wood. It seems if you can shut down 14, Northview is pretty 1 dimensional 

Northview kept finding a way to win against solid competition in regions and substate, even when she was doubled. They trailed late in those games and found a way to win.  Whether they can maintain that resilience in the State semis or finals may be another thing.

14 minutes ago, logcabinman said:

I was saying last night how this did not make any sense to me.  The whole thing is silly.  We were packed in like sardines for Region and Sub-state games.

Agree! Why 1/3 capacity in all gyms all season and now at state only 1/10? It has to be MTSU guidelines and not TSSAA. That’s the only sense I can make out of it

1 minute ago, sportslover88 said:

Agree! Why 1/3 capacity in all gyms all season and now at state only 1/10? It has to be MTSU guidelines and not TSSAA. That’s the only sense I can make out of it

I didn't think of that, but still silly in my opinion.  They could open it up to half capacity and still have plenty of room.

2 hours ago, sportslover88 said:

Macon struggled from 3 today. Is that their normal?

No, Ashburn didn’t even attempt one until late and Gregory had a bad game (3 point shooting wise). All 5 of Macon’s girls can shoot the 3 and today was strange since they hit their first 2 and missed the next 9.