Henry County Patriots 2021

BigRed88

2 hours ago, MSURacer said:

Agreed. Pretty slow start for the Patriots, especially on defense, but I thought we held our own after we settled down. 

Yeah me and another guy was talking about that. Would like to see us start a lot faster on both sides of the ball. But give credit to MBA too, they arent an easy team to go up against, they are very well coached also. Now next week against Haywood I hope to see a fast start!!

Several projected starters were out for various reasons. Was good to see some other guys step up though. 10 is going to be a player at WR and in the secondary. 32 is nice young athlete who will help this team somewhere. I was worried about a compliment to Z in the backfield, but 17, 1, 35 can all carry the rock. Lots of young inexperienced talent. By mid season they’ll have their feet wet and be ready to go.

1 hour ago, mmb said:

Several projected starters were out for various reasons. Was good to see some other guys step up though. 10 is going to be a player at WR and in the secondary. 32 is nice young athlete who will help this team somewhere. I was worried about a compliment to Z in the backfield, but 17, 1, 35 can all carry the rock. Lots of young inexperienced talent. By mid season they’ll have their feet wet and be ready to go.

I see #17 Townsend getting a lot of playing time carrying the rock since he’s been there several years and is reliable. Tough kid, that should help give Z some breathing room to play defense as well. 

19 hours ago, PatriotNation said:

No kidding. Being that a few key guys wasn't playing for us i think it was a pretty good scrimmage for us overall. We'll build on this.

Considering it was MBA I think it’s very good. We didn’t look very flashy but it’s hard to look that way against great teams. Sure ready to see what the rest of the season holds 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, BigRedtaco said:

Considering it was MBA I think it’s very good. We didn’t look very flashy but it’s hard to look that way against great teams. Sure ready to see what the rest of the season holds 

Yea hopefully we build on that scrimmage. Like @gr8tn08 mentioned 3 of the first 4 games are against some serious competition. Change of subject a little but I think  Mr. Ryan Damron is going to be in the conversation either this year or next for 5A Mr. Football.  

• Like 1

It’s going to be a tough 3-4 in that stretch of games. I just hope folks remember that we play these games to prepare for November. We could easily schedule cupcakes and waltz through the season untouched, and be one of those teams that gets bounced in the first round. Obviously you want to win them all, but some of those situations and lessons learned will be valuable down the road. As far as the Mr. Football thing, we’ll see. He’d be the first to tell you he’d rather have a gold ball. I do feel like if he’s putting up good stats though, the team will be successful because of the balance it will bring on offense.. but we just want W’s and championships. GBR

• Like 1