Preseason Scrimmages

On 7/31/2021 at 9:23 PM, mondo44 said:

They scrimmaged Hville last night. 1’s against 1’s was even with defenses dominating. One of our coaches remarked to me via text that they will dominate 5-A. Throneberry at QB makes a huge difference. They scrimmage Beech in 2 weeks.  Should be another good test. 

I am hearing the MJ QB went out with a shoulder injury.   Possible broken bone.  Any truth to that?  

On 7/28/2021 at 11:43 AM, CommandoBlood100 said:

Not seen a lot of postings on upcoming scrimmages. Hendersonville scrimmages Mount Juliet this Friday and has Blackman listed as a scrimmage next week.
Excited to hear about what everyone has coming up!

Add Pearl Cohn on Tuesday the 10th and the Macon County Jamboree on Friday the 13th

On 7/28/2021 at 11:43 AM, CommandoBlood100 said:

Not seen a lot of postings on upcoming scrimmages. Hendersonville scrimmages Mount Juliet this Friday and has Blackman listed as a scrimmage next week.
Excited to hear about what everyone has coming up!

I am just getting back in from out of town so I will not likely make the Blackman H'vill scrimmage , but would love some notes, thoughts on wat you all see . 

Edited by Blaze45

1 hour ago, Blaze45 said:

I am just getting back in from out of town so I will not likely make the Blackman H'vill scrimmage , but would love some notes, thoughts on wat you all see . 

Starters 1-1, Hville substituted after 2 series. Starters are done for the night. The left handed QB for Blackman has looked better than the other kid. 2 fumbles for Hville on exchanges, 1 pick for Blackman from the starting QB. Blackman up overall 2-1

1 minute ago, mondo44 said:

Starters 1-1, Hville substituted after 2 series. Starters are done for the night. The left handed QB for Blackman has looked better than the other kid. 2 fumbles for Hville on exchanges, 1 pick for Blackman from the starting QB. Blackman up overall 2-1

I spoke too soon, Hville 80 yd TD pass on the 1st play of the 2nd half to Ellis

Overall impressions:

Blackman: Hard to prepare for an up tempo throw it every down offense in a scrimmage.   Blackman will score some points and throw for a lot of yards this year.  Threw it about 85-90% of the time.  Defensively they have a long way to go.  Big TE is a really good player, they run a lot of bootlegs and throw it to him on the back side.  

Hville: 1st team offense looked good, Manning threw the ball well.  Baker, Vance, and Ellis ran it well.  Have to get more from the FB.  Overall turned the ball over too much with 3 fumbles.  On defense need to rush the passer better.  Lost contain several times on the outside on bootlegs.  

Heard the Hville freshmen won playing on the practice field in front of Ellis.

Next up is Pearl-Cohn on Tuesday on the practice field and then head to Macon County for the jamboree on Friday.   

1 hour ago, mondo44 said:

Overall impressions:

Blackman: Hard to prepare for an up tempo throw it every down offense in a scrimmage.   Blackman will score some points and throw for a lot of yards this year.  Threw it about 85-90% of the time.  Defensively they have a long way to go.  Big TE is a really good player, they run a lot of bootlegs and throw it to him on the back side.  

Hville: 1st team offense looked good, Manning threw the ball well.  Baker, Vance, and Ellis ran it well.  Have to get more from the FB.  Overall turned the ball over too much with 3 fumbles.  On defense need to rush the passer better.  Lost contain several times on the outside on bootlegs.  

Heard the Hville freshmen won playing on the practice field in front of Ellis.

Next up is Pearl-Cohn on Tuesday on the practice field and then head to Macon County for the jamboree on Friday.   

Should be a good one.

Liked what I saw from Gallatin tonight.  Held Riverdale out of the end zone but fell short in points.  Team played really well on defense and did not let the more experienced Warriors control the game.  Need to sure up the turnovers but I like what I am seeing.  

• Like 1