CLINTON @ WILLIAM BLOUNT Aug 20th

92Dragon

Clinton mostly ran the ball all night same plays and couldn't stop it why didn't our coordinators put up a 5 or 6 man front I mean I'm not expert but I was reading Clinton's offense  all night it wasn't complicated lots of poor tackling too do they not hit in practice anymore 

Edited by Thegovernorofwillyb

35 minutes ago, Thegovernorofwillyb said:

I just hope that left bad taste in there mouth and get things corrected I don't wanna see another season wasted with talent that's here 

It seemed to me last night that Clinton's offensive line just outplayed WB's defensive line. Clinton looked bigger and stronger to me.  That's the kind of football our coach likes to play. Just line up and beat your guy one on one.

11 hours ago, TheGreatWallofAlnwick said:

No. There's no bouncing back from that. This team will beat Heritage. That's the ceiling now. And honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if they lost that game too. I don't care either way. I'm definitely not coming to any more games this season. I have had it with this loser program and loser school. Nobody cares about winning down there. Nobody has any pride and it's making me sick to my stomach. 

Lol, Don't let the door hit ya where the Good Lord split ya, lololol

38 minutes ago, TitanUp2005 said:

Lol, Don't let the door hit ya where the Good Lord split ya, lololol

I have sat through over a decade of losing seasons, friend. Last night was rock bottom and I'm not just saying that.  I have seen a lot of bad football and last night was the worst effort I have seen since I have been supporting this program. It actually hurts me to see WB be so bad. I have seen WB as one of the best teams in the state back when I was in school. Those teams played physical and we had linemen that could block people. This program could be so much better than what I saw last night. 

Edited by TheGreatWallofAlnwick

7 minutes ago, TheGreatWallofAlnwick said:

I have sat through over a decade of losing seasons, friend. Last night was rock bottom and I'm not just saying that.  I have seen a lot of bad football and last night was the worst effort I have seen since I have been supporting this program. It actually hurts me to see WB be so bad. I have seen WB as one of the best teams in the state back when I was in school. Those teams played physical and we had linemen that could block people. This program could be so much better than what I saw last night. 

Because I don’t know I’m asking. How many above .500 teams has WB has since 1990

do you happen to know

why I ask is because I don’t know if they will ever have a 7-8 win season. Since I have been around the best kids always leave there and I have been around since 2006 

40 minutes ago, TornadoLeadRecruiter said:

Because I don’t know I’m asking. How many above .500 teams has WB has since 1990

do you happen to know

why I ask is because I don’t know if they will ever have a 7-8 win season. Since I have been around the best kids always leave there and I have been around since 2006 

Well, WB had one of its best years in 2007 for one thing. Yes, we lose players, but that's not an excuse for our players to show up to the first game of the season not knowing how to block or tackle. Where's this great offseason in the weight room that Shad tells Stork and the media about every year? He must be lying because I saw our lines getting dominated all night.  Heck, we had a defensive lineman get driven back into the goalpost on one of Clinton's tds. That's embarrassing in any game, and it's especially embarrassing when it's against a team that has been worse than you for almost a decade and that was with them going up against worse competition than the teams we play every year. The difference in last night's contest was coaching.  Clinton's new coach had his team playing hard and fundamentally sound in the first game of his second season. Our coach is in year #7 and we are still seeing the same things we see every year.

Edited by TheGreatWallofAlnwick
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, TornadoLeadRecruiter said:

do you happen to know

William Blount was 9-3 in 2007

On 8/21/2021 at 12:26 AM, SweetScience said:

There was a good article about Clinton in the Oak Ridger the other day. I read it earlier. Honestly, that Coach sounds like he knows what he’s doing. Said last season was pretty humbling for him, cause he said he expected to come in and just all the sudden turn things around, which obviously didn’t happen. Said it was the first losing team he had ever been involved with. Sounds like the mighty ones might have found ‘em a good’un. Bet ole Fred Fagan pitched himself a tent this evening after seeing the mighty ones in action.

WB might win 2-3 games. That coach might be great but he'd be 0-1 if Clinton had played South Doyle, and it wouldn't have been close. 

16 hours ago, TheGreatWallofAlnwick said:

Well, WB had one of its best years in 2007 for one thing. Yes, we lose players, but that's not an excuse for our players to show up to the first game of the season not knowing how to block or tackle. Where's this great offseason in the weight room that Shad tells Stork and the media about every year? He must be lying because I saw our lines getting dominated all night.  Heck, we had a defensive lineman get driven back into the goalpost on one of Clinton's tds. That's embarrassing in any game, and it's especially embarrassing when it's against a team that has been worse than you for almost a decade and that was with them going up against worse competition than the teams we play every year. The difference in last night's contest was coaching.  Clinton's new coach had his team playing hard and fundamentally sound in the first game of his second season. Our coach is in year #7 and we are still seeing the same things we see every year.

My point was historically WB has not done well. They had a couple really good coaches around 2004-2007 Reed/Meadows and both left. Why do you think they left? Players leaving?

Don’t get me wrong. Some of the things you bring up should not happen and those things seem to lead to bad coaching. Didn’t 2 guys from South Doyle come over? Surely they know what they’re doing. Right??