WEEK 1: Powell vs Anderson County

keepitmoving

1 minute ago, Mavericksinflight said:

Congratulations to Powell !

Mavs need to work on wrap up tackle. Something I not seen in past.

And Congratulations to the Mavericks!

Good game Mavs! You played your hearts out! Gotta Love there Heart!!

Good game for Mavs also.Played hard vs a loaded team and I respect AC for going out and playing tuff non region games instead of "cupcakes" like some coaches do just to get wins.This game will help yall a lot when it matters most

3 minutes ago, Mavericksinflight said:

Congratulations to Powell !

Mavs need to work on wrap up tackle. Something I not seen in past.

And Congratulations to the Mavericks!

Good game Mavs! You played your hearts out! Gotta Love there Heart!!

Impressive performance, Mavs. Gillam called a great game too. Just hope you guys work through the conditioning. Felt like at least half of your starters cramped up at some point in the second half.

1 minute ago, STILLNUM1 said:

Good game for Mavs also.Played hard vs a loaded team and I respect AC for going out and playing tuff non region games instead of "cupcakes" like some coaches do just to get wins.This game will help yall a lot when it matters most

Thanks Still#1...Yep I want to say and not because we lost but I think Powell will be a state Champion. I knew they would make mistakes first game but they can reload and make up for them. Not sure many teams will be able overcome that. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, osunut2 said:

Impressive performance, Mavs. Gillam called a great game too. Just hope you guys work through the conditioning. Felt like at least half of your starters cramped up at some point in the second half.

Yeah that conditioning was definitely unexpected. I actually thought Powell would have had the conditioning issue. But really this Powell team is the best I have seen in a while. I know they gave up points Mavs can do that to teams...But Powell has a really Good Opportunity this year!! 

Edited by Mavericksinflight
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Mavericksinflight said:

Yeah that conditioning was definitely unexpected. I actually thought the opposite. But really this Powell team is the best I have seen in a while. I know they gave up points Mavs can do that to teams...But Powell has a really Good Opportunity this year!! 

I just hope they settle down, take one game at a time, and cut out the extracurricular crap. Not sure if they are disciplined enough to win it all. But I sure hope they surprise me.

8 minutes ago, osunut2 said:

I just hope they settle down, take one game at a time, and cut out the extracurricular crap. Not sure if they are disciplined enough to win it all. But I sure hope they surprise me.

Yeah that Displine! Or shall we say Passionate, sounds better. Lol ! And I was hoping they would have been more Passionate tonight...haha

1 hour ago, SweetScience said:

Well, Powell seems to have adjusted on D, AC on the other hand…… Kinda reminds me of last year Powell/OR game and we got that lead and they started cramming it down our throats. Credit to your boys, Nut.

Yeah you were definitely right sweet...I seen AC run out of gas middle of 3rd and you don't run out of gas on team like Powell this year. They are loaded. Trying to figure out what Gaddis can muster up. It may be an uphill for any team this year.