Summit @ Henry County Week 1

PatriotNation

20 minutes ago, BigRed88 said:

Ok I am friends with some of you guys and I do not care if yall get mad at me or not for this, but this is the absolute SOFTEST Henry County team I may have ever seen. Don't get me wrong Summit is definitely a beast. There just isn't any excuse for poor tackling, poor o line play, poor d line play, and just an overall very poor performance. From what I saw tonight this Henry County team is about to have its hands full the next few weeks. 

I absolutely 100% agree.

• Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

I think soft is apt for HC until they prove otherwise. #7 was our lone bright spot tonight. 

As for Summit, they’re quite a show to watch. Having a couple of literal Division 1 clones helps, but I was impressed as much with their defense as I was their offense. I don’t know where they will stack up in 6A, but I foresee them giving plenty of folks trouble this season. 

15 minutes ago, MSURacer said:

I think soft is apt for HC until they prove otherwise. #7 was our lone bright spot tonight. 

As for Summit, they’re quite a show to watch. Having a couple of literal Division 1 clones helps, but I was impressed as much with their defense as I was their offense. I don’t know where they will stack up in 6A, but I foresee them giving plenty of folks trouble this season. 

No doubt. They could possibly be in the state title game in 6A. They are the real deal. They have good size on both sides of the ball. The Wade Brothers are probably the best I have seen since Jalen Hurd. 

9 minutes ago, eers said:

Didn’t see this coming at all. I had thought Summit by a couple scores, but when I saw 36-6 in the second I was shocked. 

what happened?

HC actually forced a fumble and hit a long TD pass for an early 6-0 lead. Then I guess Summit realized there was a football game being played. 

Don't get me wrong, Summit is legit, but "soft" was indeed a well-earned descriptor for HC tonight. Our defense wanted absolutely nothing to do with tackling #1. I know he is very fast, but some of the angles I saw our guys take tonight made it look like they were just trying to stay out of the way. Then there was arm tackling, poor blocking by the o-line, just really not much emotion or heart on display, except by #7 as I alluded to. 

I do think HC will be fine, and even on our best day I don't think we would've had an answer for the Wade twins, but our boys have a long, long way to go to live up to their hype.   

Edited by MSURacer
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, MSURacer said:

HC actually forced a fumble and hit a long TD pass for an early 6-0 lead. Then I guess Summit realized there was a football game being played. 

Don't get me wrong, Summit is legit, but "soft" was indeed a well-earned descriptor for HC tonight. Our defense wanted absolutely nothing to do with tackling #1. I know he is very fast, but some of the angles I saw our guys take tonight made it look like they were just trying to stay out of the way. Then there was arm tackling, poor blocking by the o-line, just really not much emotion or heart on display, except by #7 as I alluded to. 

I do think HC will be fine, and even on our best day I don't think we would've had an answer for the Wade twins, but our boys have a long, long way to go to live up to their hype.   

Agreed. Very well said. Now I think Summit will be our toughest opponent of the season because of the Wade Twins. But as we have alluded to, lots and lots of work has to be done to even be able to compete with some of the really good teams. It seems like we have taken several steps back from last year. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, MSURacer said:

I have never heard soft used to describe a HC team and I really have no idea what to expect next week as you visit Beech. 

Just now, eers said:

I have never heard soft used to describe a HC team and I really have no idea what to expect next week as you visit Beech. 

I dont throw that word around loosely. Literally I have never in my life of watching Henry County football seen a team that looked scared to death to make a tackle or to block someone. If that same team shows up to Beech next week. Beech will roll.

• Upvote 1