Mt. Juliet hosts Gallatin

MJGOLDENBEARS

1 hour ago, GWAVE1 said:

That is the general thought of everybody I have talked to all morning long.  

Don’t have a dog in this fight but I would say too early in the season and too much football remaining to make dire predictions. West Creek, Station Camp, Rossview and Cookeville should be easy wins.  Blackman, Hville, Lebanon, Clarksville are 50-50 games.  Will be an underdog against Beech.  Hville lost to Alabama (sorry meant Oakland) pretty badly last night and I have no idea how the Commandos will end up.  Could win 7 or 8 or could 4 or 5.  Too early to get down on players and coaches.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, thegreatone36 said:

Inexperience across the O line and lots of pre snap issues. Defensively, not many flags, but not positioned well from my POV. Execution and development both need to be further evaluated.

For some reason I was under the impression they were returning a lot o players from last years squad. I figured them to be a tough out for any and everybody in the district 

Just now, Blaze45 said:

For some reason I was under the impression they were returning a lot o players from last years squad. I figured them to be a tough out for any and everybody in the district 

MJ may turn out to be a really good team. Gallatin if they can put a complete game together and figure out some better offensive play calling can still be a tough out.

3 minutes ago, MJGOLDENBEARS said:

MJ may turn out to be a really good team. Gallatin if they can put a complete game together and figure out some better offensive play calling can still be a tough out.

Good to know.... I don't think Blackman will have a chance to breathe until maybe the Antioch or Stewarts Creek game. 

Edited by Blaze45

Congrats to MJ.  Sounds like they played well.  May indeed be a threat to make serious noise in 5A.  They'll be back in 6A in the next cycle.  

Lots of emotions from the fans of these two teams.  I wouldn't throw Gallatin under the bus yet and I wouldn't get on the Blackman band wagon yet.  Most people say the most improvement is between week 1 and 2.  I think we will have a better idea about both teams after this week.  I remember Miss. State getting a huge win last year in the first week over LSU, and then they struggled for the remainder of the season.  Blackman has a really tough schedule for the first 6 weeks or so.  Gallatin's schedule is favorable for weeks 3-4.  So Gallatin starts no worse than 2-2.  Blackman may end up 1-5 or 2-4.

10 minutes ago, 13sports said:

Congrats to MJ.  Sounds like they played well.  May indeed be a threat to make serious noise in 5A.  They'll be back in 6A in the next cycle.  

Lots of emotions from the fans of these two teams.  I wouldn't throw Gallatin under the bus yet and I wouldn't get on the Blackman band wagon yet.  Most people say the most improvement is between week 1 and 2.  I think we will have a better idea about both teams after this week.  I remember Miss. State getting a huge win last year in the first week over LSU, and then they struggled for the remainder of the season.  Blackman has a really tough schedule for the first 6 weeks or so.  Gallatin's schedule is favorable for weeks 3-4.  So Gallatin starts no worse than 2-2.  Blackman may end up 1-5 or 2-4.

Well there is no band wagon here, but they did beat a team no one picked then to beat. So I guess we will see if Blackman improves the second  week as well. Who knows maybe Blackman might be decent this year as well. 

10 minutes ago, Blaze45 said:

Well there is no band wagon here, but they did beat a team no one picked then to beat. So I guess we will see if Blackman improves the second  week as well. Who knows maybe Blackman might be decent this year as well. 

I agree.  That is a great win and a great start to getting the program where you want it to go.  Blackman may indeed be very good, and needs to be in that league.