Week#2: West Ridge @ Daniel Boone

WestRidge

No sir,West Ridge is not South.The school that I think of from years ago and is still around, Jeff County.I don't know if WR will have some great teams like JC did back in the day but I believe they will be a very strong  6A program going forward .After some success,kids will start to leave other local schools and go to WR,like they use to the other way around .

59 minutes ago, BatmanDevil said:

No sir,West Ridge is not South.The school that I think of from years ago and is still around, Jeff County.I don't know if WR will have some great teams like JC did back in the day but I believe they will be a very strong  6A program going forward .After some success,kids will start to leave other local schools and go to WR,like they use to the other way around .

Agree on it's not South. The sign the cheerleaders held up for the team to enter thru had the "S" for South, the "SC" for Central and the "N" for North and it said: 3 becomes 1. I really believe with the turnout with all the "West Ridge" apparel, the student section etc....it has become one. That needed to happen and happen quickly for any chance of success. In my opinion a strong West Ridge only makes D-B and Science Hill stronger. I remember those early JC teams! Blazer, both schools need this game. Hope they can work it out for later in the year. 

2 hours ago, 83SouthRebel said:

Agree on it's not South. The sign the cheerleaders held up for the team to enter thru had the "S" for South, the "SC" for Central and the "N" for North and it said: 3 becomes 1. I really believe with the turnout with all the "West Ridge" apparel, the student section etc....it has become one. That needed to happen and happen quickly for any chance of success. In my opinion a strong West Ridge only makes D-B and Science Hill stronger. I remember those early JC teams! Blazer, both schools need this game. Hope they can work it out for later in the year. 

I sure hope we can make it happen but the only chance is if you guys have to cancel with Cherokee on Sept 24 or we have to cancel  with Elizabethton on Sept 10.    I would be good with canceling Elizabethton, it gets really old getting stomped by them every year.

30 minutes ago, blazer1set said:

I know, but man it was sure fun to type that out... haha...    Seriously though I really hate that we can't play this year.    Pulling for you guys in all your other games though especially against:   DB, the Hill and Crockett

The game with DB is the one I am waiting on and anxious to see.

I think it hurts WR to only have 1 game under their belt when they meet the Hill next Friday night. At this point in the season it's not about rest as much as it is game experience. I hope I am wrong. I'm trying to be realistic when it comes to WR. The Ridge played Volunteer. No disrespect to Volunteer but playing D-B and SH and most teams on their schedule is an entirely different animal. I hope the pack comes out in all their games and makes me a believer. I want them to win but I need to see more than just a game against Volunteer to see what The Ridge has. A game this week would have done wonders to work out those little things that can make a difference in a tight game. Hope the practices over the next week are intense and focused. 

GO PACK!

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, EHSTrack06 said:

Wish West ridge and EHS could have played. Did we drop west ridge or did they drop us? 

Would have liked to have played the Cyclones too. Not sure if either school dropped one or the other. I have to wonder if when WR was originally placed into 5a by TSSAA that schedules were made then the switch to 6a came and schedules had to be reworked. Not sure if that happened or not.

Edited by 83SouthRebel

2 hours ago, 83SouthRebel said:

Would have liked to have played the Cyclones too. Not sure if either school dropped one or the other. I have to wonder if when WR was originally placed into 5a by TSSAA that schedules were made then the switch to 6a came and schedules had to be reworked. Not sure if that happened or not.

That makes the most sense