Week 2 Anderson County Mavs host Science Hill

olhickory

18 hours ago, Mavericksinflight said:

Lol Oh ok. I was looking at it as a positive lift rather than emotional. They played until they ran out of steam. 

Sorry if that was confusing. The way everything played out on Friday, especially in the 4th quarter, that can take a lot out of a group of teenagers. AC did a great job rebounding last year, although it helped that you guys played a terrible Hixson team the week after last year's crazy finish.

13 minutes ago, osunut2 said:

Sorry if that was confusing. The way everything played out on Friday, especially in the 4th quarter, that can take a lot out of a group of teenagers. AC did a great job rebounding last year, although it helped that you guys played a terrible Hixson team the week after last year's crazy finish.

No that makes sense now...and actually very true..

I picked AC again Mav, but not so fast! I feel a sense of over confidence here. You all gave up 60 last week, while they held Betsy to 34. You can say speed. Science Hill has speed. They have veterans everywhere. They like to throw. You played Powell. They played the 2 time defending 4A state champions, who have a legit opportunity to make it 3. Having said that I believe you will control the line of scrimmage offensively anyway and a big coaching edge!

Edited by noonesfool
  • Like 2

On 8/24/2021 at 1:16 PM, noonesfool said:

I picked AC again Mav, but not so fast! I feel a sense of over confidence here. You all gave up 60 last week, while they held Betsy to 34. You can say speed. Science Hill has speed. They have veterans everywhere. They like to throw. You played Powell. They played the 2 time defending 4A state champions, who have a legit opportunity to make it 3. Having said that I believe you will control the line of scrimmage offensively anyway and a big coaching edge!

I agree with the speed. But Science Hill is very short, especially at defensive back. Neither are close to 5’9”. Both of their MLB are 5’9” or shorter. If AC can throw over the top and wear down the middle of the defense they will walk through this one. I agree with the big coaching edge as well. Carter the last several years has managed to get the least out of his players. 

23 minutes ago, 92Dragon said:

Anderson County has fireworks, jumbo Tron, even an adorable dog that comes out and retrieves their kicking tee......but they can't live stream their games? 

Come on Mavs!!  I'm just playing. I'm picking AC to win tonight 42 - 28

No I total Sooo totally Agree!!! Not sure if it's a strategy to maybe keep low profile. I have been talking years about this no one wants to listen. Only link I have is a science Hill radio. You would think ACTV would do more.