Week 2 Anderson County Mavs host Science Hill

olhickory

Anderson Co will make short work of Science Hill. AC is physical and in your face. They stood toe to toe with 5A Powell and didn't flinch. SH has not played very consistently in a few years. They have some athletes and some big ones up front but only win a handful of games. SH is the Bearden of upper East TN, the only game they get up for is Dobyns Bennett the rest of the time they are a basketball school.

1 hour ago, Knoxemdown said:

I'll take AC.

Science Hill has a pretty good size. I hope AC has rested well. Powell just did not look like the Powell AC played. Even Lowe in 1st or second half did not seem excited enough to want a win. Calmest I have seen Lowe. We Will have to see how hungry the Mavs are. They need a win...Again I IMO am not worried about scoring quick and scoring a lot...and that's a big But what happens on the other side of the ball. Did we get enough rest Enough depth and can we wrap up players. We need a good pass rush in this game from what I have heard grapevine. A lot of questions can be answered in this game.

25 minutes ago, Mavericksinflight said:

Science Hill has a pretty good size. I hope AC has rested well. Powell just did not look like the Powell AC played. Even Lowe in 1st or second half did not seem excited enough to want a win. Calmest I have seen Lowe. We Will have to see how hungry the Mavs are. They need a win...Again I IMO am not worried about scoring quick and scoring a lot...and that's a big But what happens on the other side of the ball. Did we get enough rest Enough depth and can we wrap up players. We need a good pass rush in this game from what I have heard grapevine. A lot of questions can be answered in this game.

Interesting observation about Powell last night because I noticed the same thing right after halftime. I think the Maryville TD with 9 seconds left in the half absolutely deflated them. And they never got back up from the mat.

It wouldn't have changed the final outcome last night, but if the second half was any indication, last week took a lot out of them (mentally and physically). Stockton looked gimpy on his first carry, and he was on crutches after the second or third play of the game. Faust was also limping around out there for 4 quarters. But that's football.

I expect AC will bounce back this week, as long as they don't end up in a 4th quarter rock fight.

30 minutes ago, Mavericksinflight said:

If you stop the running back and have some speed on the outside AC will handle SH easily.  SH is small on the secondary defense but very fast.  As long as y’all can wrap up and tackle well you won’t have any problem.

40 minutes ago, osunut2 said:

Interesting observation about Powell last night because I noticed the same thing right after halftime. I think the Maryville TD with 9 seconds left in the half absolutely deflated them. And they never got back up from the mat.

It wouldn't have changed the final outcome last night, but if the second half was any indication, last week took a lot out of them (mentally and physically). Stockton looked gimpy on his first carry, and he was on crutches after the second or third play of the game. Faust was also limping around out there for 4 quarters. But that's football.

I expect AC will bounce back this week, as long as they don't end up in a 4th quarter rock fight.

Yeah after last week and then play Thursday there a lot can be said. It had to take something out and expect Powell's will be refreshed and Ready after two weeks. Hope Mavs having a Friday game will have rested.

Edited by Mavericksinflight