Betsy Vs Rhea Co

TinCanBetsyFan

I know we played well Friday night.  Defense was excellent and Rollins was on point throwing dimes as expected.  Here’s the thing,  we don’t need to be overlooking this Rhea County team as some warmup for GreenEville.  They might have been whipped ugly by Alcoa but typically year in year out Rhea is a team that will line up and play anybody and they are tough.   I’m sure the guys will prepare accordingly and I’d expect this train to keep rolling. Here’s to safe travels for Rhea County and an injury free game from both teams!

Of course, most that play Alcoa will not fare well. And the only thing you can do is see how Alcoa was able to defend and attack them. That game is not going to be a good representation of how Rhea County plays. As usual, we need to strike early, sustain drives, pressure their run game and make them one dimensional. And it always starts on the line. Win the trenches. Btw, how did everyone like playing at ETSU? Is it something we would ever consider doing on an annual basis?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, BigDaddyDave said:

Of course, most that play Alcoa will not fare well. And the only thing you can do is see how Alcoa was able to defend and attack them. That game is not going to be a good representation of how Rhea County plays. As usual, we need to strike early, sustain drives, pressure their run game and make them one dimensional. And it always starts on the line. Win the trenches. Btw, how did everyone like playing at ETSU? Is it something we would ever consider doing on an annual basis?

I really enjoyed the venue.  Place was nice other than the 3.50 for a water prices haha.  The only thing better would have been sitting on the home side in the shade!  I’d sit in any weather to watch us beat down Johnson city though.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BetsyCyclones16 said:

I really enjoyed the venue.  Place was nice other than the 3.50 for a water prices haha.  The only thing better would have been sitting on the home side in the shade!  I’d sit in any weather to watch us beat down Johnson city though.

Next year, we’d be on the Home side. And yeah, it’s water! Good Lord!!! 

• Like 1

I know Bryson Rollins is an outstanding athlete from the last couple seasons, but who else do we need to watch for Friday? 

The four to watch for Rhea is a pair of Sophomores and Seniors. Sophomores  Kaleb Martin QB/S and Ethan Davis RB. Senior Preseason All State selections Drew Fisher LB/TE and Jadden Pankey CB/WR/RB 

I know I said it over on the other post but we are very young, talented but very young. 

27 minutes ago, Rhea Co. said:

I know Bryson Rollins is an outstanding athlete from the last couple seasons, but who else do we need to watch for Friday? 

The four to watch for Rhea is a pair of Sophomores and Seniors. Sophomores  Kaleb Martin QB/S and Ethan Davis RB. Senior Preseason All State selections Drew Fisher LB/TE and Jadden Pankey CB/WR/RB 

I know I said it over on the other post but we are very young, talented but very young. 

Alloway @ LB was very good also..............

3 hours ago, Rhea Co. said:

Jake Roberts at WR who was the MVP in the state championship and our whole defensive line is back from last years team.