Covid cancels

Why can't teams that are covid free, but get canceled on do to other teams Covid, make a phone call and play each other. Play on Saturday if need be. Several teams without games should reach out to play each other. Example: Warren Co cancels on White Co, Trousdale cancels on Upperman, Upperman play White County. It's less complicated than people make it. 

Edited by UpperCumberlandMan
Spell
  • Like 1

I hope I’m not the only one that’s noticing a trend. Teams that are big underdogs, are the ones that are canceling games with covid. 
Example: USJ vs Liberty (Liberty covid)

South Gibson vs Westwood (Westwood Covid)

Summitt vs Spring Hill (Spring Hill covid).

Here’s one from last year: Obion Central played 9 games last year, they won the first game and lost 8 in a row after. They were out the playoffs, coach appeared to be heading out the door (which he actually did), and they were a big underdog to Haywood for the last game of the year. Would’ve been Haywood’s senior night. And Obion Central called the game off due to covid. 
I hope I’m not the only one seeing this trend taking place.

Edited by TryNotToSuck

I feel like teams do reach out to others that may have been cancelled on but a lot of it has to do with timing of the cancelation, location of the game, and the preparation on these teams to the new teams in which they will be playing.  These teams prepare for that team next on their schedule and not that fill in game.  This is just my opinion but do agree that these teams, if they currently aren't, need to reach out to the others and let these kids play.  

1 hour ago, UpperCumberlandMan said:

Why can't teams that are covid free, but get canceled on do to other teams Covid, make a phone call and play each other. Play on Saturday if need be. Several teams without games should reach out to play each other. Example: Warren Co cancels on White Co, Trousdale cancels on Upperman, Upperman play White County. It's less complicated than people make it. 

Agree, don't want to hear complaints " these poor seniors"  Upperman vs White is a great example 20 minutes apart. Play ball! And yes I think lesser teams are pulling the now covid card and let's not bring up the un prepared excuse, either. 

2 hours ago, TryNotToSuck said:

I hope I’m not the only one that’s noticing a trend. Teams that are big underdogs, are the ones that are canceling games with covid. 
Example: USJ vs Liberty (Liberty covid)

South Gibson vs Westwood (Westwood Covid)

Summitt vs Spring Hill (Spring Hill covid).

Here’s one from last year: Obion Central played 9 games last year, they won the first game and lost 8 in a row after. They were out the playoffs, coach appeared to be heading out the door (which he actually did), and they were a big underdog to Haywood for the last game of the year. Would’ve been Haywood’s senior night. And Obion Central called the game off due to covid. 
I hope I’m not the only one seeing this trend taking place.

It's a trend covid or no covid. Why some teams only have 9 games and Oakland has to go play South Pitt. New generation is so soft. Play big games when you can and it will help you . And 8 and 9 state championships is crap too. I guess the everyone gets a trophy culture won out.