Week#3: Science Hill @ West Ridge

WestRidge

I saw West Ridge in the Greeneville scrimmage and they were overwhelmed by Greeneville's speed and passing game as Greeneville ripped off 6 TD in what was probably only around 20 plays. Science Hill isn't Greeneville, but they do have some speed and a passing game. 

SHHS 35

West Ridge 21

Lots of questions/concerns. Can the Wolves match or at least contain SH's speed? Can the Wolves generate enough pressure on the QB to disrupt the passing game of SH? Does the Wolves have a passing game? WR will have to be able to run the ball effectively and try to control the clock and Limit the big play of SH. I'm still concerned the Wolves have only 1 game under their belt.  I like Gunner's optimism!!! It will be a packed house for sure! According to an info statement from WR posted on Instagram, tickets can be purchased thru GoFan. If ticket sales exceed stadium capacity then there will be NO tickets sold at the gate. My guess is GoFan or no ticket. Since all parking lots are not fully paved, they will be running shuttle buses from Central. WR has a great tailgating area and the school is encouraging those that want to tailgate to arrive and set up around 4:30. Exciting to finally host the first game! GO PACK!!!!

2 hours ago, 83SouthRebel said:

Lots of questions/concerns. Can the Wolves match or at least contain SH's speed? Can the Wolves generate enough pressure on the QB to disrupt the passing game of SH? Does the Wolves have a passing game? WR will have to be able to run the ball effectively and try to control the clock and Limit the big play of SH. I'm still concerned the Wolves have only 1 game under their belt.  I like Gunner's optimism!!! It will be a packed house for sure! According to an info statement from WR posted on Instagram, tickets can be purchased thru GoFan. If ticket sales exceed stadium capacity then there will be NO tickets sold at the gate. My guess is GoFan or no ticket. Since all parking lots are not fully paved, they will be running shuttle buses from Central. WR has a great tailgating area and the school is encouraging those that want to tailgate to arrive and set up around 4:30. Exciting to finally host the first game! GO PACK!!!!

Take no prisoners!!!

• Like 1

On 8/28/2021 at 9:40 AM, noonesfool said:

The Toppers are big up front. Veteran QB, a talented back that runs a 4.5. Some length at the receiver position. They are beginning to find an identity as a running team as opposed to the slinging the ball all over as they thought they would. To fall in with Waco they are saving the slinging for the Indians. 
on D good size up front. Short but stud linebackers and a secondary that moves well but height deprived as a group.

Knowing Carters style they might set a national record for passing yardage against DB. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, WestRidge said:

It's gameday. How is this one going to pan out in front of a likely sell out crowd

Something tells me that the HILL will be tough tonight but I am so pulling for you guys.     Let's go with WR  28,  SH 24

WR needs to keep long sustained drives but it can't be just between the 20's.    The HILL will try to run-n-gun it up and down the field so take them out of their rhythm.      On D keep the receiver in front of you and don't get burned deep.