Week 3: Oneida @ Wartburg

Spike016

37 minutes ago, SmashMouth said:

Thats a bunch of points for sure, especially the first game with KY hooligans/refs.  And its seems like all 3 opponents could move the ball.  But listening (and I am just listening)  I hear a lot of  "Oneida tackles for a loss", or "#00 in the backfield for the Indians"  Be nice to watch em play live.   The eye test is always best!

37 minutes ago, SmashMouth said:

Thats a bunch of points for sure, especially the first game with KY hooligans/refs.  And its seems like all 3 opponents could move the ball.  But listening (and I am just listening)  I hear a lot of  "Oneida tackles for a loss", or "#00 in the backfield for the Indians"  Be nice to watch em play live.   The eye test is always best!

Wins can teach alot as do losses!But as Yeti said a Win is a win,by 1 or 50!

4 hours ago, SmashMouth said:

Defense is passing the eye test. The offense keeps putting them in bad positions by turnovers, lack of first downs and low point production. Gotta help the defense a little. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, bwx643 said:

Oneida will be wishing they had Coach Lambert back by the end of season if not already. This isn't to slight the current coach either.  I just think Coach Lambert was an excellent high school football coach.  I'm willing to say someone will be eating some "crow" this season. :roflol:

Never wished him gone. Wished his offensive philosophy was different. His coaching abilities were never questioned and I said before he left we will miss him and the man he is at our program. If your eating some crow was aimed at me I’m afraid your aim is way off. I’ve said publicly and privately my perfect coaching staff includes TL on it as HC. Just wish he could’ve let the offense loose a little. No disputing his coaching abilities or the kind of man he is or was. 

30 minutes ago, crow said:

Never wished him gone. Wished his offensive philosophy was different. His coaching abilities were never questioned and I said before he left we will miss him and the man he is at our program. If your eating some crow was aimed at me I’m afraid your aim is way off. I’ve said publicly and privately my perfect coaching staff includes TL on it as HC. Just wish he could’ve let the offense loose a little. No disputing his coaching abilities or the kind of man he is or was. 

I agree with your assessment crow!  TL is a great coach and even a better person, imo, but I even he would admit he's pretty conservative on offense! 

Although, for my perfect staff, I would have TL at DC and Big Jim May steering the bus as the HC!

22 minutes ago, SmashMouth said:

I agree with your assessment crow!  TL is a great coach and even a better person, imo, but I even he would admit he's pretty conservative on offense! 

Although, for my perfect staff, I would have TL at DC and Big Jim May steering the bus as the HC!

I was speaking of those still with us and those feasible for Oneida to land on the staff. 

• Like 1

Just now, crow said:

I was speaking of those still with us and those feasible for Oneida to land on the staff. 

Honestly if we’re talking dream staff then TL at DC and Greg Ryan as OC and either one as HC as long as they’d let the other do their job without interfering. Maybe throw Benefield from cloudland in there as a young buck for some energy. Just my opinion. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, crow said:

Honestly if we’re talking dream staff then TL at DC and Greg Ryan as OC and either one as HC as long as they’d let the other do their job without interfering. Maybe throw Benefield from cloudland in there as a young buck for some energy. Just my opinion. 

If this ever happened I'm burning your stadium down!:oops:

• Like 1