Bledsoe @ Meigs week (3) 2021

Yeti

22 minutes ago, ChineseFlu said:

so you want to go back on lockdown?  How did that work out for the country?  The regular flu kills people also.  It's time to move on.  

I want to go back to the choice of virtual learning. My kid isn't in school now but I would like to see that option for the parents of kids that are currently enrolled. 

36 minutes ago, H2Oman said:

Please clarify

Last year kids could do remote learning instead of being in the school building. Most of our players did that to keep from being around everyone and potentially contracting the virus. Gov Lee will not allow that this year and as of Wednesday said he had no plans to do that in the future. If there is an outbreak local districts can go to remote learning but those kids cannot participate in any extracurricular activities. (at least in our district. I assume it's the same in other counties).

2 minutes ago, PurplePower68 said:

Last year kids could do remote learning instead of being in the school building. Most of our players did that to keep from being around everyone and potentially contracting the virus. Gov Lee will not allow that this year and as of Wednesday said he had no plans to do that in the future. If there is an outbreak local districts can go to remote learning but those kids cannot participate in any extracurricular activities. (at least in our district. I assume it's the same in other counties).

I like that option better than what we have this year. It was better for any kid that "wanted" to go that route.

Just now, Yeti said:

I like that option better than what we have this year. It was better for any kid that "wanted" to go that route.

Mine chose not to because he was a senior and wanted to experience his last year actually at school. I appreciated the option to do that too. It seems this time around kids are more susceptible to catching this so I just wish that option was available again. There will be some seasons that end because of it.

1 minute ago, PurplePower68 said:

Mine chose not to because he was a senior and wanted to experience his last year actually at school. I appreciated the option to do that too. It seems this time around kids are more susceptible to catching this so I just wish that option was available again. There will be some seasons that end because of it.

I agree with you about seasons ending and it's unfortunate.

21 minutes ago, PurplePower68 said:

We should do what Hamilton has done. We can declare a state of emergency based on the high number of students out at each school. Then you can go virtual….I’ve been told.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, powerp said:

We should do what Hamilton has done. We can declare a state of emergency based on the high number of students out at each school. Then you can go virtual….I’ve been told.

That's interesting. Also the second time I've heard that. 

15 minutes ago, powerp said:

Would the kids be able to play sports? The way I understood it was our school system wouldn't allow it. If they can I'm sure a lot would go that route.

Edited by PurplePower68