Week 4: Fayetteville (1A) hosts Upperman (4A)

MC4FHS

17 minutes ago, biggest said:

I think city wins, but I'm not sold on them defensively because Watertown moved the ball on them better than anyone by far this year. Should be a great game and it wouldn't surprise me if upperman won.

We've been slightly shorthanded defensively for our first three games, which includes Watertown in week 1.  Until last night, only one of four starters from last year have been healthy enough to play.  By next week, Upperman should be facing a full Tiger squad on both sides of the line.  I like our chances.  It will be tough going against such a big, but slow team.  Also, from what I've heard, many of their players play both sides of the ball, so conditioning will be a factor.  Out coaches will have them ready for the challenge I'm sure.

12 minutes ago, Varo said:

We've been slightly shorthanded defensively for our first three games, which includes Watertown in week 1.  Until last night, only one of four starters from last year have been healthy enough to play.  By next week, Upperman should be facing a full Tiger squad on both sides of the line.  I like our chances.  It will be tough going against such a big, but slow team.  Also, from what I've heard, many of their players play both sides of the ball, so conditioning will be a factor.  Out coaches will have them ready for the challenge I'm sure.

They will match your size but not your athletic ability unless they got some recruits from this time last year! I say city wins by 14

4 hours ago, UpperCumberlandMan said:

Reason? 

They have athletes all over the field. Two good WRs and stud TE/LB. Big upfront and physical. I know Baxter is big and physical and well coached. City will take what the defense gives them and I feel that City will have the better athletes and QB play. Like I said it is going to be a dogfight and very physical and I don't think either team will win by more than 7. Wish I could go because I think it will be an excellent HS football game.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, biggest said:

I think city wins, but I'm not sold on them defensively because Watertown moved the ball on them better than anyone by far this year. Should be a great game and it wouldn't surprise me if upperman won.

Size vs speed, two good coaches. Both have some speed and size, Bees a little bigger, Fay a little more speed.