Brentwood @ Henry County

BigRed88

30 minutes ago, BigRed88 said:

Couldn't agree more. I had very high expectations for this group. Coming into the season I didnt really expect to beat Summit, but I did think we would beat Beech. Also thought we would beat Brentwood since they lost their QB, WR, and head coach. I will just come out and say it, Cole Townsend is our only hope at RB. Once he got injured we didn't do anything running the football. I have not been impressed all year by Zamariyon at RB and thats really disappointing for me to say. I thought he would be an absolute stud at RB. What production has Caden Marshall provided on offense? Thats another kid I thought would do special things for us offensively, whether it was from the QB or WR position. I guess in my head I had this offense looking totally different than what is actually happening in reality. Maybe majority of it is youth and most all the kids haven't learned how to win the big games yet. Hopefully they will later in this season or next year. 

Something tells me that HC will be a different team when the region starts up

Another thing, when are we going to start calling out the coaches for this play calling and conservative approach? Or is that the "not cool" thing to do in Henry County? Oh somebody might get offended. Well get offended and listen up. Coaches had a great gameplan that worked dang near to perfection in the first half. My criticism for the coaches is why are we coming out in the 3rd quarter like we are up 42-0? Its a 2 score game against Brentwood who is known to sling the ball all over the field. We had 2 passing TDs in the first half! Why do we constantly try running the ball in the 3rd? Its too early still in the game to be trying to chew clock. I understand we are trying to keep the ball out of Brentwoods hands but at that point in the game we HAVE to have our foot on their throat and don't let up! Let our QB throw on first down and quit putting our QB in bad situations on 3rd and long, expecting him to bail you out all the time. One guy I talked to this morning gave a great comparison about last night's game. Last night was almost a mirror image of the 2019 Dyer County playoff game where we was up decent at the half and took our foot off the gas. Guys, you can't have that mindset especially against the good teams. You must attack for 4 quarters! GO TAKE THE GAME!!!! 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, BigRed88 said:

Another thing, when are we going to start calling out the coaches for this play calling and conservative approach? Or is that the "not cool" thing to do in Henry County? Oh somebody might get offended. Well get offended and listen up. Coaches had a great gameplan that worked dang near to perfection in the first half. My criticism for the coaches is why are we coming out in the 3rd quarter like we are up 42-0? Its a 2 score game against Brentwood who is known to sling the ball all over the field. We had 2 passing TDs in the first half! Why do we constantly try running the ball in the 3rd? Its too early still in the game to be trying to chew clock. I understand we are trying to keep the ball out of Brentwoods hands but at that point in the game we HAVE to have our foot on their throat and don't let up! Let our QB throw on first down and quit putting our QB in bad situations on 3rd and long, expecting him to bail you out all the time. One guy I talked to this morning gave a great comparison about last night's game. Last night was almost a mirror image of the 2019 Dyer County playoff game where we was up decent at the half and took our foot off the gas. Guys, you can't have that mindset especially against the good teams. You must attack for 4 quarters! GO TAKE THE GAME!!!! 

I am glad you said this. I hardly ever post and mostly just read. This entire season I haven’t been happy with the coaching. We could have beat beech and our coaches were “happy” with how hard we played. Which I don’t think we played hard other than a handful of players. And last night the post game comments were the same thing. That is 2 wins that we should have had. We haven’t been making any adjustments to put our secondary in better positions. It’s clear we aren’t going to get pressure on the quarterback this year. We need to have our safeties back to help with the downfield passes. The quarterbacks have had day to throw and receivers will get open if they have that much time. And I agree 100% about last night. 3 times in a row we had 3rd and 5 or 6 and we decided to run the ball. Put the game away and quit playing scared.  I would rather lose playing aggressive then lose playing “trying not to lose.” The comment about Z. I agree he hasn’t played up to his potential at running back but he has been on the best receiver every night. And he and number 7 have been our best tacklers this year. So I think he is getting worn out on defense. If we could put number 7’s heart in the rest of the team with the talent we have, nobody would touch us this year.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Patriots186 said:

I am glad you said this. I hardly ever post and mostly just read. This entire season I haven’t been happy with the coaching. We could have beat beech and our coaches were “happy” with how hard we played. Which I don’t think we played hard other than a handful of players. And last night the post game comments were the same thing. That is 2 wins that we should have had. We haven’t been making any adjustments to put our secondary in better positions. It’s clear we aren’t going to get pressure on the quarterback this year. We need to have our safeties back to help with the downfield passes. The quarterbacks have had day to throw and receivers will get open if they have that much time. And I agree 100% about last night. 3 times in a row we had 3rd and 5 or 6 and we decided to run the ball. Put the game away and quit playing scared.  I would rather lose playing aggressive then lose playing “trying not to lose.” The comment about Z. I agree he hasn’t played up to his potential at running back but he has been on the best receiver every night. And he and number 7 have been our best tacklers this year. So I think he is getting worn out on defense. If we could put number 7’s heart in the rest of the team with the talent we have, nobody would touch us this year.

Absolutely agree. With us having a two TD lead, I would have much rather seen us been aggressive to try to add to the lead instead of lets keep it out of Brentwoods hands. We was sitting in a good position to open the playbook up and sling that ball around some. Yeah I know Z is a big part of the defense and maybe we do need him back there more but besides Cole Townsend I dont know of any running back that can move the ball consistently for us. Maybe I got too spoiled with Jermarcus Johnson the last few years idk lol. 

4 minutes ago, MSURacer said:

#24, in my opinion, is not a running back. I wish we would let him focus on defense (maybe even some WR) and find someone else to carry the rock. The thing is, besides #17 we appear to not have many options, which is insane at Henry County. Seems like we have ALWAYS been 2-3 deep at RB. 

Exactly, that's what's crazy to me. Do we just not have any depth at RB? 

7 hours ago, BigRed88 said:

Nailed it

• Upvote 1