Brentwood @ Henry County

BigRed88

16 minutes ago, JacketLover said:

We lost 21-20 in 2014 at Boyce Smith the last time we played HC.  A successful two point conversion was called back due to a holding penalty. We missed a 35 or so yard extra point into a wind that was at least 20 mph. HC ran it up and down the field but the Jackets had a great bend but don’t break defense that night. I know this thread is about HC and Brentwood so sorry for the long winded off topic post. 

To be continued in a few wks lol

19 minutes ago, JacketLover said:

We lost 21-20 in 2014 at Boyce Smith the last time we played HC.  A successful two point conversion was called back due to a holding penalty. We missed a 35 or so yard extra point into a wind that was at least 20 mph. HC ran it up and down the field but the Jackets had a great bend but don’t break defense that night. I know this thread is about HC and Brentwood so sorry for the long winded off topic post. 

Haha all good. To be continued...:popcorneater:

9 hours ago, JacketLover said:

That game was a classic. That was Counce Sr's final team at HCHS, and the last year of our Henderson/Godbott/Perkins 3-headed monster in the backfield that played such a big role in our '13 title run. And those Jackets were pretty dang tough. I remember you all had beaten Gallatin that year for the first time in like 1000 years and it seemed like we might be next. Fun teams to watch!!  

Best of luck tonight BIG RED!!

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, MSURacer said:

That game was a classic. That was Counce Sr's final team at HCHS, and the last year of our Henderson/Godbott/Perkins 3-headed monster in the backfield that played such a big role in our '13 title run. And those Jackets were pretty dang tough. I remember you all had beaten Gallatin that year for the first time in like 1000 years and it seemed like we might be next. Fun teams to watch!!  

Best of luck tonight BIG RED!!

Yep, that backfield had probably 300 yards on the ground that night. We also beat Gallatin in the playoffs that year. We hadn’t beaten them since 1981 before that, but we didn’t play them for a good while after we dropped down to AA in the late 80s. 

14 hours ago, MSURacer said:

I just hope he’s okay, especially after the past year and a half. This board has lost some greats… 

Not to mention, it would be a complete travesty if he wasn’t around for the return of JCM when that happens. 

There was a quote about mid-season last year from 'Red Warrior' (I think) about the Yanker being in the hospital and not well. I hope he recovered because 'He was the only YANKER' as he would say.

GO BIG RED!