Murphy, NC vs Cherokee High

mhs95

14 hours ago, mhs95 said:

Heard we picked up Cherokee for a 9/17 game. Know nothing about them, what are we in for? All I know is they're 3.5 hours from here.

Not sure how good your team is or how big of a school Murphy is, but Cherokee is probably bottom of the barrel in their district and a 5A school.  If Murphy is talented at all, they should handle Cherokee with relative ease.

• Like 1

Murphy is a very talented 1A school. They usually make deep runs in the playoffs. I think they have won 3 out of the last 4 state championships in 1A in NC. I think I read the senior class coming into this season has a record of 33-5 and 2 state titles. 

South Pittsburg plays them this week in a clash of 1A powerhouses 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Rhea Co. said:

Murphy is a very talented 1A school. They usually make deep runs in the playoffs. I think they have won 3 out of the last 4 state championships in 1A in NC. I think I read the senior class coming into this season has a record of 33-5 and 2 state titles. 

South Pittsburg plays them this week in a clash of 1A powerhouses 

No they dont.Pitt cancelled,Marion County schools closed for Covid.

7 minutes ago, Rhea Co. said:

Oh didn’t know that. Well that would have been a great match up 

We were really looking forward to that game, hate it got cancelled.  We did replace it with a powerhouse 2A GA team in Rabun County.  They have the #5 ranked QB in the nation so may be a long night.

Edited by mhs95

On 9/10/2021 at 12:55 PM, mhs95 said:

We were really looking forward to that game, hate it got cancelled.  We did replace it with a powerhouse 2A GA team in Rabun County.  They have the #5 ranked QB in the nation so may be a long night.

Rabun County is on my bucket list of places I want to go watch a football game.  Have drove by that school several times driving US 23 between here and Atlanta and it's such a beautiful picturesque campus.

• Like 1