Division 2 AA Mr. Football

Guest dsgbRT4

Inman was the worst pick I have ever seen. It is just sorry that a fat lazy person like Inman can get such a great award. He has ruined the purpose of the award. Everyone that has played against him has crushed him. His numbers were pitiful along with his play. He was nothing special this season and probably will never be anything special. We played him twice this season and betweent the two games he couldn't have had 5 tackles. He is also so lazy that he couldn't block anyone. I am sorry for any other person that was up for this award or even considered a candidate.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest dsgbRT4

dish08 your GPA in high schoo had to be around a 0.001 if u think bowman deserved the award. u said he can break open a game. well too bad he didnt do it any this year. stinks he couldnt have done it against knox catholic. but wait a minute if my memory is correct towns ran an 80 yard touchdown against knox catholic on the first play of the game talk about a breakaway playmaker. and lets not even talk about his defense. do u understand he plays every single play. which would mean he averaged around 100 plays a game. he got screwed. and so did justin currie he nominated everyone he played especially inman. for the fact that these two players won these awards takes away the prestigousness of the award. coaches must start voting on this award.

[Edited by dsgbRT4 on 12-3-02 10:30A]

No need to bash folks on here dsgb, everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Same to mafiaman. These two guys won the award, plain and simple, whether they deserved it or not. The sportswriters felt they deserved it, and that is all that matters now. I just feel horrible that Robert Towns didn't get it. We were all pulling for him. I do not mean to take anything away from Adarius because he seems like a nice guy, but I would like to know from any sportswriter that voted, how could you honestly give it to a lesser high school player?

I think robert got cheated in the mr. football award. dsgbrt4 was right. You can't take the ring we got coming to us. Robert had a great junior and senior year. I think he is probably the best player in the state. The reason he does not get recognized is because he goes to bcrest. But keep your head up like my grandmother said and shake them haters off.

The only person that deserves blame is the Commercial Appeal. DSG, you shouldn't talk trash to Adarius Bowman, he did nothing wrong here, that is just immature. The EastTNsportswriters voted on players from East TN.

The individuals who deserve the blame are the writers for the Commercial Appeal. Robert Towns plays in a medium sized division of private school football. In a city that almost 80% of the schools are public or city schools. The CA does decent coverage on high school football, but with the success of Briarcrests golf and girls volleyball teams, they probably didn't write too many articles on Towns, or the football team. It is a travesty that Towns did not make it, but it's over...let's not bad mouth a kid who is ranked #4 in the nation or whatever he is. Chattanooga Notre Dame is really horrible at just about every position. Football is a team game, where one stand out, won't necessarily make or break a team (Towns was a great player, but he also had Melvin, Stauffer, Currie on the team etc.) I don't really understand pointing the blame at Bowman, the problem lies with the fact that Towns was not hyped in the preseason like some of the other guys like Inman, Bowman, Corey Mills, Derek Clennin, and the qb from McCallie...is it surprising that these individuals also were up for mr. football.

There were so many off based picks it wasn't even funny.The sporstwriters that has never played the game sure has embarrassed some of these fine atheletes...I strongly felt that Everson from Brentwood......Cothran from Fairview which led the whole state in rushing and Bliss from BA who can kick NFL field goals...lol..but the cards have been delt too bad they had the wrong ones up there sleeves....

Guest truth16

dsqbRT,

You are the biggest joke. I wanted Towns to win to, but you really need to get off his jock. Don't get me wrong, I think it is ok to be a fan and all, but you are just acting straight flaming with love for Towns. You need to check yourself and show some of that affection to the opposite sex before people start talking.

Guest dsgbRT4

hey truth16 u need to stop wit all that computer thug mess. dont try to make me look bad on some website when we will never meet in person. like ive said on here before robert is my best friend my brother. and i will support him tremendously in wutever he does. dont be mad becuase wutever team u support probably lost to him and the rest of the bcrest team. i also have made a big case for justin currie so how can u say such a thing. i make a case for anyone who i think got cheated maybe u need to check other threads for my posts before u start talkin. just keep my name out of your mouth from now on.

Guest truth16

dsqbrt4,

You're right. I don't need to be a website thug and playa hate on you. I would never insult somebody of your size. Please forgive me. I have seen you play hoops and you got mad game.

:)