Lewis County vs Hickman County

lcpanthers0

22 minutes ago, Pizzpatriot2 said:

Sounds like you need to find a new source.

Well, at least we would not be a fake football program with notoriety of being regular season paper champions.

This is the 827th time u mentioned regular season paper champions. Please come up with something else. We heard u the first time 

8 hours ago, Bigpun54 said:

The thing about it I’m not even a LC fan but I do respect them. Just tell us all what is your reason u want to call them out so much. Maybe ppl will show you some respect  then instead of being the village idiot 

For years, their fans have gotten on here and beat their chests and proclaimed how good the program is all the while never accomplishing anything more than being regional winners of less formidable regions housing teams that are not competitive. Now, I will not name the two T$$AA buddies up here that are the coach's close friends and who take care of him but I will say that I am shocked that Hohenwald is not in a region with the likes of Richland but then again, other than having them in their region, I don't know if they could have an easier route to a region championship. I sure did miss that call when realignment was coming up and will admit that! At the same time, however, they will schedule the likes of a basketball school such as East Robertson who is just a bump from single A or a Cheatham County team who averages a winning season only once every five years. How long has it been since Loretto was relevant? They only average one winning season every decade or so. But, I will give Hohenwald credit, they did beat a couple of those Butch Toner teams back in the day. How can you be vocally proud of actually accomplishing nothing? 

I remember back before social media and Coacht how channel 2, 4 and 5 would post the scores of Friday night football. I enjoyed seeing those scores and results of those matchups. I began to notice I could tell if Hohenwald lost without waiting on the Tennessean the next morning. If they won, all three channels and maybe Fox 17 (I can't remember) would broadcast the score. LOL-if they lost, no one would have the score!

I have noticed the last couple/few years since I began calling them out, that their fans are just not on here anymore. Could it be that what I am saying is not defensible?

Go back and look at the recent best team in 2013. I just checked and the first round of the playoffs. They beat a team that was 4-6 then a team that was 6-4 in the regular season. If my memory serves me correct, the third round they beat a team that went 7-3 on the regular season in a bad weather game (with a little help). Then look at some of the teams throughout their history. Creekwood? Until now, I didn't even know there was a team in Dickson called Creekwood or Creek Wood. But, sure enough, Hohenwald scheduled them coming off of a 2-8 season back then. Funny, bet they wont schedule them now!

What does it show to go undefeated during the regular season but ALWAYS get put out by the second round? How do you have pride in that? Maybe that's why their posters aren't on here as much these days.

Pizzaguy, I have read your bashing now for years, and you keep coming up with the same crap. Bashing a successful program when your program has done nothing more.

When it comes to the "weak region" argument, what would you suggest. What region should Lewis County play in? Seriously. With your vast knowledge of, almost unhealthy obsession of Lewis County football and scheduling, who should be in the region? How would you draw up the region? What teams from southern middle Tennessee would make up a 2A region of high enough quality that would appease your complaints? Would you suggest, perhaps in a region Meigs and Trousdale and make region teams drive hours for a region game every Friday? Make up your regions to suit you. Maybe make your suggestions to some of these "buddies" at TSSAA. And non-district? Hickman is LC's biggest rival, have played 100 times, literally, who cares about the record in a rivalry game. Scheduling is so much more than finding matchups, there are so many other variables to consider in scheduling than records. You can't just call a school and say we are playing. You have to have coordinating open dates, etc. You are a troll.

23 minutes ago, Pizzpatriot2 said:

Then look at some of the teams throughout their history. Creekwood? Until now, I didn't even know there was a team in Dickson called Creekwood or Creek Wood. But, sure enough, Hohenwald scheduled them coming off of a 2-8 season back then. Funny, bet they wont schedule them now!

Creek Wood began play in 2003 in Region 5-3A. WHo were the teams in that region? Giles County, Greenbrier, Marshall County, Montgomery Central, Sycamore, and.........wait for it........PAGE.  Coincidentally, Page has played Creek Wood 7 times while Lewis County has played Creek Wood 4 times. 

35 minutes ago, Pizzpatriot2 said:

But, sure enough, Hohenwald scheduled them coming off of a 2-8 season back then. Funny, bet they wont schedule them now!

Yeah, funny how you have to play all your region opponents every year, the TSSAA is tricky like that. Creek Wood came into the region with LC the year after that aforementioned 2-8 season.

3 hours ago, TheStuff said:

Pizzaguy, I have read your bashing now for years, and you keep coming up with the same crap. Bashing a successful program when your program has done nothing more.

When it comes to the "weak region" argument, what would you suggest. What region should Lewis County play in? Seriously. With your vast knowledge of, almost unhealthy obsession of Lewis County football and scheduling, who should be in the region? How would you draw up the region? What teams from southern middle Tennessee would make up a 2A region of high enough quality that would appease your complaints? Would you suggest, perhaps in a region Meigs and Trousdale and make region teams drive hours for a region game every Friday? Make up your regions to suit you. Maybe make your suggestions to some of these "buddies" at TSSAA. And non-district? Hickman is LC's biggest rival, have played 100 times, literally, who cares about the record in a rivalry game. Scheduling is so much more than finding matchups, there are so many other variables to consider in scheduling than records. You can't just call a school and say we are playing. You have to have coordinating open dates, etc. You are a troll.

They are so called "successful" because they do not play anyone of substance and if they do, they get beat! Look at the playoffs. I don't have enough knowledge nor care enough to research all of 2A or even that in Middle Tennessee but I will spend time debating you and others on the merits of Hohenwald football. But, since you threw out there Trousdale, is East Robertson, like, in Crossville? How far away is that? 

You are correct on a couple of assumptions, however. There is more than variables to consider than records. Funny, the way it looks with Hohenwalds past when it comes to scheduling, records are right up there at the top!

Creek Wood began play in 2003 in Region 5-3A. WHo were the teams in that region? Giles County, Greenbrier, Marshall County, Montgomery Central, Sycamore, and.........wait for it........PAGE.  Coincidentally, Page has played Creek Wood 7 times while Lewis County has played Creek Wood 4 times. 

This isn't a debate on Page, it is one about Hohenwald. I just randomly through the Creek Wood out there as an example. We all can't play in a region full of Red Boiling Springs and a non region schedule of the same. Anndddddd, just because somebody plays in a region consisting of good teams doesn't mean they are good; funny. 

Yeah, funny how you have to play all your region opponents every year, the TSSAA is tricky like that. Creek Wood came into the region with LC the year after that aforementioned 2-8 season.

Yeah, funny how Hohenwald is bouncing that basketball no later than after the second round of the playoffs each year. Why is that? I mean, a 9-1 or 10-0 team should advance further than the second round should they not?

Granted, upsets occur in each sport every year and I have seen both sides with our football program. But, how do you have that and those records year after year but get "bounced" (simile for basketball) by the second round each and every year? 

I do have a question which goes to one of my points; who put Creek Wood in the Region with LC?

Edited by Pizzpatriot2

Just for kicks we will look at PP2's theory. 

2020 - Lewis County finished 11-1. Region champs. They lost in 2nd round to Riverside 12-0 in a close game all the way to the end. They defeated Riverside in the first game of the season 8-7. Again a close game that was decided at the end.

2019 - Lewis County finished 7-3. Region runner up. They lost in 1st round to the #3 seed Riverside. Which seems to support PP2 but this Riverside team got hot at the end of the season and made it to the semifinals. LC beat them 28-0 in the regular season but lost 14-9 in the playoffs. To compare Waverly defeated Riverside 21-10 in the regular season finale but lost 34-0 two weeks later in the playoffs. 

2018 - Lewis County finished 10-2. Region Champs. They lost to an 11-2 Riverside team in the 2nd round. Their other loss on the season was to a bigger school in a tough non region game against Camden. 

2017 - Lewis County finished 10-2. Region runner up. Lost to Waverly in the 2nd round. Only two losses were to loaded teams in Waverly and CA.

2016 - Finished the season 9-3. Lost to a very good Scotts Hill team (twice) and to a very good Waverly team. 

Verdict: He's peddling fake news. The Panthers have an 0.810 winning percentage in the last 5 seasons. All five playoff losses have been to quality teams. But he's been lying on this forum so long that he's influenced others on here.  I've seen several posters who didn't do their own research repeat what he's been saying. Nothing worse than a moron with time and an agenda. 

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Salem said:

Just for kicks we will look at PP2's theory. 

2020 - Lewis County finished 11-1. Region champs. They lost in 2nd round to Riverside 12-0 in a close game all the way to the end. They defeated Riverside in the first game of the season 8-7. Again a close game that was decided at the end.

2019 - Lewis County finished 7-3. Region runner up. They lost in 1st round to the #3 seed Riverside. Which seems to support PP2 but this Riverside team got hot at the end of the season and made it to the semifinals. LC beat them 28-0 in the regular season but lost 14-9 in the playoffs. To compare Waverly defeated Riverside 21-10 in the regular season finale but lost 34-0 two weeks later in the playoffs. 

2018 - Lewis County finished 10-2. Region Champs. They lost to an 11-2 Riverside team in the 2nd round. Their other loss on the season was to a bigger school in a tough non region game against Camden. 

2017 - Lewis County finished 10-2. Region runner up. Lost to Waverly in the 2nd round. Only two losses were to loaded teams in Waverly and CA.

2016 - Finished the season 9-3. Lost to a very good Scotts Hill team (twice) and to a very good Waverly team. 

Verdict: He's peddling fake news. The Panthers have an 0.810 winning percentage in the last 5 seasons. All five playoff losses have been to quality teams. But he's been lying on this forum so long that he's influenced others on here.  I've seen several posters who didn't do their own research repeat what he's been saying. Nothing worse than a moron with time and an agenda. 

You just proved my point Salem! I see and bolded your adjectives and adverbs for your descriptions of how all of those losses are to good teams! Why does Hohenwald not beat those good teams? They can beat the bad ones. 

The playoffs are a very good indicator of the actual success of the program. Notice how you spoke of Riverside getting hot as to state that they were better than the earlier season match up and also threw in there Waverly and how it happened to them so that you think it makes your point valid. If they were good as their record indicated, they would have won that playoff game and went onto the next. 

You just backed up one of my points. I'm sure you didn't think that through, though. Lewis County ALWAYS loses to "good", "very good" , "quality" teams and in "tough" games. That 0.810 winning percentage is a misnomer, folks. Salem just helped prove it!

Edited by Pizzpatriot2