Lewis County vs Hickman County

lcpanthers0

16 minutes ago, Pizzpatriot2 said:

They are so called "successful" because they do not play anyone of substance and if they do, they get beat! Look at the playoffs. I don't have enough knowledge nor care enough to research all of 2A or even that in Middle Tennessee but I will spend time debating you and others on the merits of Hohenwald football. But, since you threw out there Trousdale, is East Robertson, like, in Crossville? How far away is that? 

You are correct on a couple of assumptions, however. There is more than variables to consider than records. Funny, the way it looks with Hohenwalds past when it comes to scheduling, records are right up there at the top!

This isn't a debate on Page, it is one about Hohenwald. I just randomly through the Creek Wood out there as an example. We all can't play in a region full of Red Boiling Springs and a non region schedule of the same. Anndddddd, just because somebody plays in a region consisting of good teams doesn't mean they are good; funny. 

Yeah, funny how Hohenwald is bouncing that basketball no later than after the second round of the playoffs each year. Why is that? I mean, a 9-1 or 10-0 team should advance further than the second round should they not?

Granted, upsets occur in each sport every year and I have seen both sides with our football program. But, how do you have that and those records year after year but get "bounced" (simile for basketball) by the second round each and every year? 

I asked you if you would prefer a region with LC with Meigs and Trousdale, where the 6-7 teams in that region would be that distance. One isolated home-and-home for non-region games were not what I was getting at. I want to know what, in your skewed mind, would be the 6-7 team region that would validate your point. You make out like LC should be in a region made up of elites to prove/disprove the quality of play. Regional boundaries must take into account travel and, most importantly, enrollment.

3 minutes ago, Pizzpatriot2 said:

You just proved my point Salem! I see and bolded your adjectives and adverbs for your descriptions of how all of those losses are to good teams! Why does Hohenwald not beat those good teams? They can beat the bad ones. 

The playoffs are a very good indicator of the actual success of the program. Notice how you spoke of Riverside getting hot as to state that they were better than the earlier season match up and also threw in there Waverly and how it happened to them so that you think it makes your point valid. If they were good as their record indicated, they would have won that playoff game and went onto the next. 

You just backed up one of my points. I'm sure you didn't think that through, though. Lewis County ALWAYS loses to "good", "very good" , "quality" teams and in "tough" games. That 0.810 winning percentage is a misnomer, folks. Salem just helped prove it!

The only thing you should have bolded in that comment was - 

Nothing worse than a moron with time and an agenda. 

4 minutes ago, Pizzpatriot2 said:

You just proved my point Salem! I see and bolded your adjectives and adverbs for your descriptions of how all of those losses are to good teams! Why does Hohenwald not beat those good teams? They can beat the bad ones. 

The playoffs are a very good indicator of the actual success of the program. Notice how you spoke of Riverside getting hot as to state that they were better than the earlier season match up and also threw in there Waverly and how it happened to them so that you think it makes your point valid. If they were good as their record indicated, they would have won that playoff game and went onto the next. 

You just backed up one of my points. I'm sure you didn't think that through, though. Lewis County ALWAYS loses to "good", "very good" good teams and in "tough" games. That 0.810 winning percentage is a misnomer, folks. Salem just helped prove it!

A semifinal loss to CPA in 2013 doesn't count because it blows his narrative to pieces.  

1 minute ago, Pizzashadow2 said:

A semifinal loss to CPA in 2013 doesn't count because it blows his narrative to pieces.  

Oh, let's back it ALLLLL the way back to 2013, now.

Just so I didn't pull a @Salem and stick my foot all the way past my mouth and down my throat, I looked up CPA that year. They were "good", "very good" and a "quality" program who only had one other team (besides the loss to Alcoa) keep the score closer than Hohenwald. 

But, let's stay on the narrative that @Salembegan for us. 

Lewis County went undefeated in a weak region against a weak schedule. Beat a four win team in Fairly (who I have never heard of) in the first round. Beat a six win regular season team in Camden (by only 12 points) who beat a team from Memphis, that again, I have never heard of but who has never accomplished anything. Then, they beat a three loss Westview team with the help of the weather, luck and (Friday night in Hohenwald) refs. Now, this wasn't the Westview of the 90's and 2000's with all of the Tennessee recruits, either.

If there is any credit to be given to Hohenwald, hanging with CPA is it. So, if you want to hang your hat on a moral victory, there Shadow, that's it.

12 minutes ago, Pizzpatriot2 said:

Oh, let's back it ALLLLL the way back to 2013, now.

Just so I didn't pull a @Salem and stick my foot all the way past my mouth and down my throat, I looked up CPA that year. They were "good", "very good" and a "quality" program who only had one other team (besides the loss to Alcoa) keep the score closer than Hohenwald. 

But, let's stay on the narrative that @Salembegan for us. 

Lewis County went undefeated in a weak region against a weak schedule. Beat a four win team in Fairly (who I have never heard of) in the first round. Beat a six win regular season team in Camden (by only 12 points) who beat a team from Memphis, that again, I have never heard of but who has never accomplished anything. Then, they beat a three loss Westview team with the help of the weather, luck and (Friday night in Hohenwald) refs. Now, this wasn't the Westview of the 90's and 2000's with all of the Tennessee recruits, either.

If there is any credit to be given to Hohenwald, hanging with CPA is it. So, if you want to hang your hat on a moral victory, there Shadow, that's it.

You might have some validity if his team, Page, were anything but below average program and he would call a spade a spade in his own backyard. Page has a 16-22 record in the playoffs or 42% winning percentage and went to the Semis in 97. Lewis Co has won 30 PO games loss 36 for a 45% winning percentage and went to the Semis in 2013

18 minutes ago, Pizzpatriot2 said:

Lewis County went undefeated in a weak region against a weak schedule. Beat a four win team in Fairly (who I have never heard of) in the first round. Beat a six win regular season team in Camden (by only 12 points) who beat a team from Memphis, that again, I have never heard of but who has never accomplished anything. Then, they beat a three loss Westview team with the help of the weather, luck and (Friday night in Hohenwald) refs. 

So let me get this straight. LC needs to be in a region with all powerhouse teams, win playoff games with NO luck, in great weather, and NFL refs. (who are assigned from a different association for the playoffs). Then you would fold like the Calzone, right? 

Here is a list of the programs that LC has played at least 7 times and has a winning record against. I respect these programs very much and my intention is not to be negative. We have had some wars on the field with many of these teams. (they are in order of number of times played). HICKMAN CO, LORETTO, MT. PLEASANT, WAYNE CO., WAVERLY, FAIRVIEW, PARSONS, RICHLAND, PAGE, LAWRENCE CO., HARPETH, COLLINWOOD, CHARLETTE, CAMDEN, HARDIN CO., STEWART CO., PERRY CO, HOUSTON CO., ADAMSVILLE, EAST HICKMAN, SPRING HILL, TRIBBLE, SCOTTS HILL, CHAPEL HILL/FORREST

1 hour ago, Pizzashadow2 said:

You might have some validity if his team, Page, were anything but below average program and he would call a spade a spade in his own backyard. Page has a 16-22 record in the playoffs or 42% winning percentage and went to the Semis in 97. Lewis Co has won 30 PO games loss 36 for a 45% winning percentage and went to the Semis in 2013

We are not talking about Page. We are talking about Hohenwald.

But, to counter your argument, if we were constantly and consistently placed in very weak regions, then we would be playing fourth seed teams from other regions due to winning said regions and, would win most of those first round games. So, that throws your argument out the window.

2013, what was that, a decade ago? 

56 minutes ago, Pizzashadow2 said:

So let me get this straight. LC needs to be in a region with all powerhouse teams, win playoff games with NO luck, in great weather, and NFL refs. (who are assigned from a different association for the playoffs). Then you would fold like the Calzone, right? 

So, you are trying to bring in the NFL now since you can't defend what is being written?

You going to begin talking about Wendys and a burger war next?