Meigs vs McMinn Central

Meeru

1 hour ago, TheTruthPrevails said:

That's probably accurate but may slide signal down as the season goes on.  I don't think they are good at all.  Our score won't be as bad as yall beat em.  Yall are better and more explosive imo.

Our teams are similar mostly. I'd give us the edge on defense and you the edge on offense. Thats the truth as I see it. We have alot of room to improve offensively though as we've only had 3 games. Defensively we are very disruptive.

Edited by Yeti

2 hours ago, blitzinbuc said:

Not sure if the new coach changed it since he was Offensive Coordinator at Bradly Central for 7 years, and he retained Central's Defensive Coordinator (who's also Central's Athletic Director).

I may be wrong, but I thought Davis was behind all the good defense that Central had the last 2 years. He schemed pretty good. I may be well off base though.

16 hours ago, Yeti said:

Our teams are similar mostly. I'd give us the edge on defense and you the edge on offense. Thats the truth as I see it. We have alot of room to improve offensively though as we've only had 3 games. Defensively we are very disruptive.

We have thrown 3 passes in three games so I will give you guys the upper hand offensively as well.  Yall have been there, and are experienced in what you do.

7 hours ago, TheTruthPrevails said:

We have thrown 3 passes in three games so I will give you guys the upper hand offensively as well.  Yall have been there, and are experienced in what you do.

We throw when we need too that's about it. We have probably the best ability at passing as I've ever seen us have. But we run when it's working. 

4 hours ago, logcabinman said:

No doubt Meigs is the better team, but it is fun watching this new Central offense. Meigs is strong for sure. After the Kingston vs. Sweetwater game it gives me confidence Meigs will probably get another shot at the title this year. 

Should be a fun game. I'm curious how our defense will adjust to your offensive play style. Our defense is some better than last year.

Edited by Yeti

On 9/19/2021 at 6:01 PM, Yeti said:

I agree with you Yeti. Our overall Defense is stout. I was hoping to get more of a challenge from Signal but with them having their senior QB out and replacing him with a freshman put them at a huge disadvantage. I was wanting to see if we improved on our passing D because I don't think many teams are going to run on us for any success.

It's a good thing Marion don't throw it. 

I think what we lack this year is consistent big play capability on offense. If we get penalties or get in 2nd and 3rd and long it's hard to make up that yardage on a solid defense. We got the beef to pick up five yards a pop but when we get get false starts, holding calls, personal fouls and such its hard to overcome.

6 hours ago, logcabinman said:

No doubt Meigs is the better team, but it is fun watching this new Central offense. Meigs is strong for sure. After the Kingston vs. Sweetwater game it gives me confidence Meigs will probably get another shot at the title this year. 

Told you all you'd like the new coach and his offense.  He just needs some time to build a program.                                                I was surprised Sweetwater kept it so close against Kingston, but Sweetwater coach Martin is a good motivator.

4 minutes ago, Tiger2 said:

I agree with you Yeti. Our overall Defense is stout. I was hoping to get more of a challenge from Signal but with them having their senior QB out and replacing him with a freshman put them at a huge disadvantage. I was wanting to see if we improved on our passing D because I don't think many teams are going to run on us for any success.

It's a good thing Marion don't throw it. 

I think what we lack this year is consistent big play capability on offense. If we get penalties or get in 2nd and 3rd and long it's hard to make up that yardage on a solid defense. We got the beef to pick up five yards a pop but when we get get false starts, holding calls, personal fouls and such its hard to overcome.

Personally, I love a grind it out type offense.  Imposing your will on a defense with a long, sustained drive can take the wind out of the other team - figuratively and literally.  I still think Meigs has more big play capability that they've shown, because they've not had to. I bet Coach Fitz addressed the turnovers and penalties today.