Battle for first in Region 1-6A: Jeff County at Dobyns-Bennett

TribalEmpire

15 hours ago, WaCoJaCo said:

LOL! The insanity never ends.  I don't care who you are or what kind of team you have, If you get beat by 28 it's never "pretty good".

It's pretty good compared to everyone else who has played Greeneville thus far.      But yeah, to your point, a 28 point loss is no fun, we have had 62 of those since 1971

15 hours ago, WaCoJaCo said:

I think last year they ran the ball 5 times the whole game. All but 5 plays were passing plays. It will be the same this year. 

Believe it or not our pass defense is pretty decent this year so the HILL will have to run it more than 5x.       They have the athletes to beat Boone 50-0 but they seem to play rather undisciplined and shoot themselves in the foot a lot, so I'll say they only win by 40.      I think the DB/SH game this year will be 50/50.

1 minute ago, blazer1set said:

Believe it or not our pass defense is pretty decent this year so the HILL will have to run it more than 5x.       They have the athletes to beat Boone 50-0 but they seem to play rather undisciplined and shoot themselves in the foot a lot, so I'll say they only win by 40.      I think the DB/SH game this year will be 50/50.

Im taking DB by A LOT in that game. Coach Joey was not happy after the loss last year! I expect him to take it out on them this year!

35 minutes ago, FilmCzar said:

Im taking DB by A LOT in that game. Coach Joey was not happy after the loss last year! I expect him to take it out on them this year!

umm, no.  Unless Coach Joey plans on borrowing Maryville's defensive back field and defensive backfield coaches it's going to be worse that last year. Science Hill's passing attack is better than last year and DB's pass defense is worse than last year (which is hard to believe). It will be a air raid start to finish. But I think you are probably just joking in that post. lol. Nobody is that crazy.

It's the 1st offensive play of the game for DB. I guarantee you, that 100% of the Indians fans and 100% of any opposing coaches will know exactly what the play call is. That has been at least 4 years running now. It will also be the play called on 70% of all the plays in the game...whether up by 10 our down by 21.

That is terrible play calling 

5 hours ago, LINEDAD said:

It's the 1st offensive play of the game for DB. I guarantee you, that 100% of the Indians fans and 100% of any opposing coaches will know exactly what the play call is. That has been at least 4 years running now. It will also be the play called on 70% of all the plays in the game...whether up by 10 our down by 21.

That is terrible play calling 

If that is true then most likely their working off a set list of plays that they rarely ever go against.  I wonder who's setting the plays? Could be someone who's not even on the staff. Just sayin. To be honest, I haven't noticed. I'm always to worked up about the "ZERO" pass defense. 

On 10/4/2021 at 12:59 PM, blazer1set said:

DB held Greeneville to the fewest points they have scored all year, even though they lost that's still pretty good.

No, D-B losing by 28 to Greeneville isn't "pretty good". Maybe if D-B had been playing IMG and lost by 28, or maybe if North Greene played Greeneville and lost by 28, I might say that wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, but "pretty good" wouldn't be my description. 

12 hours ago, JDHoss said:

No, D-B losing by 28 to Greeneville isn't "pretty good". Maybe if D-B had been playing IMG and lost by 28, or maybe if North Greene played Greeneville and lost by 28, I might say that wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, but "pretty good" wouldn't be my description. 

Greeneville is averaging 58 points per game, DB held them to 35.     As Einstein said in 1905, "It's all relative..."    (Hmmm, come to think of it, in 1919 Einstein married a relative, his cousin Elsa...    Maybe that is what he meant by the Theory of Relativity...)

On 10/5/2021 at 2:20 PM, WaCoJaCo said:

umm, no.  Unless Coach Joey plans on borrowing Maryville's defensive back field and defensive backfield coaches it's going to be worse that last year. Science Hill's passing attack is better than last year and DB's pass defense is worse than last year (which is hard to believe). It will be a air raid start to finish. But I think you are probably just joking in that post. lol. Nobody is that crazy.

There's no way you actually believe DB had a poor "pass defense" last year. They gave up 17 points per game. Top 10 in the state of TN. Come on man!