4. Westview (1) 5-1 126 4
5. Marion County 4-0 102 6
6. Memphis Academy (1) 5-0 98 5
7. Huntingdon 5-1 82 7
8. Riverside 4-1 46 9
9. Forrest 4-2 19 8
(tie) Cascade 6-0 19 NR

What a weird year............

OCT 29 will be a showdown Meigs @ Marion. Marion still has some kinks to work out but if they do then Meigs better be ready. I think Marion sitting at #5 is just right for them. Their next 4 games will show what they are made of in Jasper. If the line can start blocking up to their potential then Marion County will be a force in 2A.

5 minutes ago, FactSpitter said:

OCT 29 will be a showdown Meigs @ Marion. Marion still has some kinks to work out but if they do then Meigs better be ready. I think Marion sitting at #5 is just right for them. Their next 4 games will show what they are made of in Jasper. If the line can start blocking up to their potential then Marion County will be a force in 2A.

We will see

4 hours ago, TynerRamFan said:

The opponents of Marion(9-10) and Meigs (13-13) aren't exactly "world beaters" either!! Until you play a team on the field, and see the matchups you never know what the outcome will be. The game against Bledsoe this Friday should show where Tyner is in the Region. Playing at Marion and at Meigs will be tough and hopefully the kids are healthy!!

Meigs, Tyner, and Marion have handled business the way projected top ten teams should. Marion at this point probably has the most impressive wins, but Tyner and Meigs schedule is set up that their hardest games are at the second half of the season. Regardless separation between our region will happen pretty soon to see where seeding has us.

9 minutes ago, FactSpitter said:

If the line can start blocking? 

1 hour ago, PurplePride2021 said:

In his defense, there has been several times that the line has been dominated by way smaller lines.  Bledsoe and Forrest come to mind.  Those boys need to be nasty.  Show should pancake someone every time he lines up. Dude is 6'2 325 and runs like a tight end.  I would hate to see him coming at me.   That's where the meigs game will be won and lost when they can match us for size.

1 hour ago, FactSpitter said:

Mc is in the same place as meigs was during our run of title appearances.  They thought they were ready to compete with us but didn't find out till the game was played.  Mc is looking up at meigs, and tyner has also dominated the series with Mc lately.

1 hour ago, PurplePride2021 said:

Yes if the line can start blocking. Have you not watched the games? They have made some good blocks but nowhere near what is expected of them. They have some players that need to get that " mean streak " in them. If that happens then it could be a long night for opponents.

10 minutes ago, TheTruthPrevails said:

Mc is in the same place as meigs was during our run of title appearances.  They thought they were ready to compete with us but didn't find out till the game was played.  Mc is looking up at meigs, and tyner has also dominated the series with Mc lately.

One of the biggest things I have learned is you can't look past no team. Tellico and Polk look like W's for Marion but a win isn't secured until that clock hits 0. Tyner will be a tough game and I don't think Pruitt will let them look past any game especially Tyner. Marion has been favored to beat Tyner before and got their tails handed to them. I am going to say this again... If that line can get better then they have a good chance to make a run into the playoffs and have some good key wins going into it. 

4 hours ago, TynerRamFan said:

The opponents of Marion(9-10) and Meigs (13-13) aren't exactly "world beaters" either!! Until you play a team on the field, and see the matchups you never know what the outcome will be. The game against Bledsoe this Friday should show where Tyner is in the Region. Playing at Marion and at Meigs will be tough and hopefully the kids are healthy!!

I would say Meigs (13-13) opponents win% vs Tyners (5-20) speaks for itself. If you look at just the scores and opponents also it says alot. Meigs is putting teams away early and it's usually over by halftime. 

I got nothing against Tyner. I'm just looking at the stats and what I've seen from these teams around the region. 

Tyner schedule is very tough to end. I'm not sure we will get a good assessment of their ability if Bledsoe is not healthy. Look at the difference in the Marion game when their second star player got injured. They were down on goal line about to score to tie it up I believe then it went downhill after that. 

7 minutes ago, Tiger2 said:

I would say Meigs (13-13) opponents win% vs Tyners (5-20) speaks for itself. If you look at just the scores and opponents also it says alot. Meigs is putting teams away early and it's usually over by halftime. 

I got nothing against Tyner. I'm just looking at the stats and what I've seen from these teams around the region. 

Tyner schedule is very tough to end. I'm not sure we will get a good assessment of their ability if Bledsoe is not healthy. Look at the difference in the Marion game when their second star player got injured. They were down on goal line about to score to tie it up I believe then it went downhill after that. 

Wow.. opponents winning %, comparing common scores and stats. I am so happy that they don't play on paper (lol).  Things happen in games that are tough and every year is different!! I am sure Bledsoe isn't making excuses about injured players as Tyner probably won't be 100% but you line-up and play ball.