Halls @ Central

dawgs82

1 hour ago, HTV said:

No.  They didn't play Powell when they were #1 and they don't play West until Week 11.  And West plays Maryville in Week 10, so West may or may not still be ranked #1 in week 11.  Powell fell from the #1 spot after their week 2 loss to Maryville.  Just depends on the mood of the voters what happens if West loses to Maryville.  Page and Powell were tied at #2 last week.  We'll see what the poll looks like when it comes out later today.  

Yeah, basing it off of Powell vs. Maryville and Powell dropping, I don’t see how West stays atop with 2 losses. It would be 2 good losses if there is such a thing but just don’t see it happening.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, HTV said:

No.  They didn't play Powell when they were #1 and they don't play West until Week 11.  And West plays Maryville in Week 10, so West may or may not still be ranked #1 in week 11.  Powell fell from the #1 spot after their week 2 loss to Maryville.  Just depends on the mood of the voters what happens if West loses to Maryville.  Page and Powell were tied at #2 last week.  We'll see what the poll looks like when it comes out later today.  

I like Central by 10+ in this one. Too much foot speed for Halls. Not as much speed as Powell; but this will be different for Halls because Central actually has some coaching.

• Upvote 1

Don't know that it would be the smart move though. Central has a lot of momentum going right now and the biggest two games of the year coming up. Do you take a chance of losing that momentum and possible injuries just for a good matchup? Would love to see a game like this earlier in the year.

On 10/12/2021 at 5:22 AM, dawgs82 said:

Don't know that it would be the smart move though. Central has a lot of momentum going right now and the biggest two games of the year coming up. Do you take a chance of losing that momentum and possible injuries just for a good matchup? Would love to see a game like this earlier in the year.

Not a big fan of that.  They already made a really soft choice scheduling HVA as a non-district game.  Even if it's the "Smart thing" to do, it really unsporting.  In the time of COVID, I'd like to see a required full schedule be the first tie-breaker over even the head to head match up.  

1 hour ago, thefox said:

I've got the Red Devils +10. Central has three cupcake wins over Cocke Co, Heritage, and Hardin Valley. I know they beat the South Doyle media darlings but they're overhyped in my opinion. Halls is only a few touchdowns away from being undefeated, their record is misleading.

Only time will tell, they lost to a Sevier Co. team Central pounded!