EAST ROBERTSON AT FORREST 2021

GeneralForrest

On 10/22/2021 at 4:26 PM, GeneralForrest said:

why is our offensive coaching so incompetent. id love for @LeroyBrownto step in

Why would I give a s&!$? I don't live my life belly-aching over a sport played by a bunch of kids that nobody outside their friends and family give a rip about. Why are you so obsessed over a bunch of teenage boys? Interesting........ Will you be handing out candy from your van Sunday night? 

2 hours ago, LeroyBrown said:

I don't live my life belly-aching over a sport played by a bunch of kids that nobody outside their friends and family give a rip about. 

I certainly hope the adults on the sideline collecting their coaching supplements can be added to the group that gives a rip about that bunch of kids. There are almost a million posts on the 1A and 2A football forum. Lots of people give a rip about the high school football program without having a kid on the team. For someone like yourself who doesn't give a rip you make a point to show up weekly and personally insult a poster criticizing the one in charge of the program. Not once have you defended a bone headed decision or presented anything positive to discuss. Let me guess you don't care enough to discuss the issues but you want to criticize people that point them out. 

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Salem said:

I certainly hope the adults on the sideline collecting their coaching supplements can be added to the group that gives a rip about that bunch of kids. There are almost a million posts on the 1A and 2A football forum. Lots of people give a rip about the high school football program without having a kid on the team. For someone like yourself who doesn't give a rip you make a point to show up weekly and personally insult a poster criticizing the one in charge of the program. Not once have you defended a bone headed decision or presented anything positive to discuss. Let me guess you don't care enough to discuss the issues but you want to criticize people that point them out. 

I was going to say if you don't care about HS football why are you on the T????????????

17 hours ago, Salem said:

It goes without saying the ones on the sideline give a rip. They're certainly not doing it for the money. Sure, people in the community care, but not to the weird/psychotic level of GeneralDummy. I'm rarely on this board. I've checked it about once a week recently to see what idiotic reply GD has thrown my way. Also, I don't have to defend any decisions the head coach of any team makes. They are the ones getting paid to make those decisions. If you, GD or any other poster feel that you could do a better job than those in charge, then by all means, nobody is stopping you from applying for and getting those jobs. I offered GD to go speak with the HC of Forrest and let him know what he needs to do differently, but of course that would require him to not be a keyboard warrior coward, and we know that's not going to happen. 

45 minutes ago, GeneralForrest said:

Its amazing how quickly the most self proclaimed macho posters descend into "you like little boys" crap. wont work on me. never has never will. but to a "man" they all try it. every stinking one.  

The fact you just addressed it proves that it does. Again, macho man, go speak with the coaches, educate them on how to coach face to face rather than hiding behind a computer screen. What ya waiting on? 

18 hours ago, Salem said:

the guy who gets notified every time I post is "not obsessive"

2 hours ago, GBO52 said:

I was going to say if you don't care about HS football why are you on the T????????????

Nothing like logging into a message board dedicated to high school athletics to insult someone for discussing a high school athletic team. This is after calling a guy a coward for posting anonymously while he himself was using a fake name to anonymously criticize that guy. :roflol: It's even money he is on the staff. 

2 hours ago, GhostLight1978 said:

@GeneralForrest @Salem Who would you guys want as the head coach of Forrest? Doesn't Forrest have a lot of alumni who are currently coaching at 5-6A high schools as HCs or Coordinators in middle Tn? 

I would wait until the end of the season to evaluate and discuss the good and bad from 2021.  Having another guy in hand isn't a reason to change.  You evaluate your program and if it's going in the wrong direction or not reaching its potential you make a change. And no winning this weak region is not an excuse to stay if lots of other things are wrong. I have no personal agenda nor am I trying to get someone a job. 

I would settle for any coach who could run a balanced offense in 2021 that could use some no huddle, know when to use timeouts, make in game adjustments, and have a clue when to kick a FG or go for two. I would support a guy who could retain more than half of the players from 8th grade to their junior and senior years. There should be several guys in Rutherford or Williamson Co who are coordinators or offensive coaches who could fit that bill if an established head coach didn't apply. Our 8th graders coming up can make someone look real good in the near future. The biggest problem for four years has been the offense. We've changed defensive coordinators 3 times in that 4 years. That's multiple chances to get an OC and turn it over to someone else that were passed up.

And yes two recent Forrest head coaches are coaching 6A ball now and having success- one is undefeated after coming off a 5A championship.