Lewis Co at Summertown

ddaddy

On 10/22/2021 at 9:26 PM, Pizzpatriot2 said:

This just still baffles me. How could they let a girls basketball school beat them? Has Summertown even had a football team for a decade? This just messes everything up! They prolly wont even show up next week, lose, then have to face Summertown again in the first round. Can Summertown beat a good team twice? 

Had they won last night, they could have carried that momentum to Riverside and maybe, just maybe squeeked out a W! Now, now they for sure wont get to play Richland (who is getting blown out by East Hickman) in the first. Instead they will have to play Summertown once again. 

It will be highly unlikely they win that game either and then the record drops from 7-1 to 7-4! 

Sad!

It isnt a given that you will be playing Summertown. Couple of things have to happen. To face SHS, Lewis must lose to Riverside and Summertown must lose to Cascade. Wit Summertown playing to host their first ever playoff game AT Summertown, I think they have the edge on Cascade. With Summertown being the #2 seed, they would not play Lewis County who can only be the 1 or 2. You could be playing Richland, Summertown, Cascade, or even possibly Loretto. Loretto could still get in with a win over Richland. That would leave RHS, LHS, and MT Pleasant tied. Tie break would fall to best over all record. That eliminates Mt P. Thus Loretto would get the nod based on win over RHS. So, this is going to be fun to watch this final week play out in R5.

17 hours ago, Pizzpatriot2 said:

It just occurred to me that with this win, Summertown may be transitioning from a girls basketball school into a decent football program. 

Does anyone want to bet Hohenwald does not renew the series after the home and home next year, especially if the play them in the first round of the playoffs this year and get beat? 

I bet they try to replace them with Zion or somebody like that.

Or maybe even a middle school 

1 hour ago, WingT08 said:

Or maybe even a middle school 

I am truly surprised, maybe not shocked but surprised Summertown beat them! That has messed the entire season up! I was wanting two one loss teams to via for the region and Hohenwald to win so that they would have a chance to make it to the third round!

How do you lose to a girls basketball schools whos football program hasn't even existed a decade?

Anyway, I have been calling it for four years now, T, and not getting much love for doing so!