Anderson county Journey To Bearden

Wella Wella.....1st our offense Line was horrible tonight. 1st half ok but we got beat offensively. And I I am wondering since we lost to Rhea Co. And SH if we really do have an offensive line. I mean for QB protection. And is Noe Moog really having to do it all on there own. Just wondering. Thank God Bearden does not pass. Our secondary really in trouble But our pass rush defense front line was quality tonight. But we can't win if both defense and offense aren't. We did get Smoked on the Bearden final TD. Well it is what it was..... We had opportunity and it was open tonight. Bearden I will say are sound but no offense. We once had offense and this game would well not be a game. Can I say our defense has improved....no not really we are still mediocre and we still allow that One big play that keeps us mediocre. Our offensive Is What it Is considering the circumstances...the bye we did not really change anything to help us. It appeared we were a lost ship wandering in the sea. I will say honestly that the Freshman QB has my thumbs up....he's good...and he really did not do much. But I like his style. He's not Martinez but future wise he's good. And he can run. Vowell missed some close catching that would have made different score......But come on the Mavs are and always will be High Octane just not now...Fuel prices have prevented this year lmao..... If this game was for practice then I hope we learned a lesson otherwise Betsy...if we make it, she will give us a Warm Goodby.

19 hours ago, noonesfool said:

Mav, it is a Faux Pas to laugh at your own jokes. Hmmmm, I don’t know about AC being involved in one of the biggest 3rd round upsets this year, but last year one of the biggest second round upsets ever was the GREENEVILLE HIGH SCHOOL GREENE DEVILS over Anderson County.

PS: I know you hate us.

Noonesfool I think that was a dream that suddenly turned into a nightmare....with all my rants and many more I sure am glad I was never a coach. Can you imagine what the coaching staff go through lol...but you would not know...haha...

2 hours ago, Mavericksinflight said:

Noonesfool I think that was a dream that suddenly turned into a nightmare....with all my rants and many more I sure am glad I was never a coach. Can you imagine what the coaching staff go through lol...but you would not know...haha...

Mav you are the R2 champs! You had a brutal outside of region schedule. For that matter a highly upgraded region schedule. You also lost your QB. Under the circumstances you all did well. For several years people were critical of your schedule toughness and it finally caught up with you all. I believe you are guaranteed a 1st round win and then you face Betsy. It’s a funny ball and it doesn’t all bounce the way we expect it. Who knows what will happen.

5 hours ago, noonesfool said:

Mav you are the R2 champs! You had a brutal outside of region schedule. For that matter a highly upgraded region schedule. You also lost your QB. Under the circumstances you all did well. For several years people were critical of your schedule toughness and it finally caught up with you all. I believe you are guaranteed a 1st round win and then you face Betsy. It’s a funny ball and it doesn’t all bounce the way we expect it. Who knows what will happen.

Yep you always make sense noonesfool.  And I can just imagine how you had to deal with ranting fans like me. Lol I guess it comes with the job ..the Mavs just have to work with what they have ....that's life...

On 10/24/2021 at 6:03 AM, Cactus Jack said:

AC having an off year like OR, they come up every once in a while even to good programs, the combination of injuries, graduation losses, narrow losses on the field can snowball into one of those seasons,

Yeah that's so true Cactus Jack. Well what fortunately or unfortunately about Highschool Football is that it is more unpredictable than most sports. That adds a lot of excitement. You never know exactly, many times what next week will bring..

28 minutes ago, Mave4life8519 said:

It’s hard for a school like AC to have 10+ wins each year. Not coaching fault. Sometimes you just lose to much talent to replace to continue the success. 

You are absolutely correct that at a 4A institution that it can be difficult to "reload" every year. That is an excellent program that has suffered some tough injuries along the way. Take those out... and the overall record is much, much different.

2 hours ago, Mave4life8519 said:

It’s hard for a school like AC to have 10+ wins each year. Not coaching fault. Sometimes you just lose to much talent to replace to continue the success. 

1 hour ago, Czar said:

You are absolutely correct that at a 4A institution that it can be difficult to "reload" every year. That is an excellent program that has suffered some tough injuries along the way. Take those out... and the overall record is much, much different.

I totally agree. Take back when Martin was playing had he not got injured I am pretty sure AC has a state title. I looked at from ever angle. But true it's really hard to reload plus having so many players play both ways boom then injuries plus the fact Mavs are in same county as Oak Ridge which has always been the heart of Anderson County. 

I do feel next year with nearly everyone coming back will be a possible Dream Team for Mavs. 

Edited by Mavericksinflight