Monterey at Bledsoe

Dadof2

43 minutes ago, Dadof2 said:

You know what I mean. I said all year that I thought Oneida would win the region and it looks like you could do to tiebreakers. 

Yeah I do, just playing devils advocate lol. With the Oakdale game for Rockwood and the Bledsoe loss for Monterey it could likely end up Rockwood, Oneida, Monterey and YAI. Unless YAI pulls the upset of course. 

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, crow said:

Yeah I do, just playing devils advocate lol. With the Oakdale game for Rockwood and the Bledsoe loss for Monterey it could likely end up Rockwood, Oneida, Monterey and YAI. Unless YAI pulls the upset of course. 

So if Rockwood wins, they win the region.

1 hour ago, pujo said:

So if Rockwood wins, they win the region.

Looks that way to me. If all 3 of us finish 4-1 in region then goes head to head. We all played round robin so still tied so goes to most wins. We already have 7 wins and if Rockwood wins they will also. Monterey can do no better than 6 wins so they’d be 3rd so start over with us and Rockwood. Same region record but they have the head to head advantage over us so us second and them 1st. Bledsoe beating Monterey basically took all the emphasis off our coalfield game from a region championship standpoint. Our only shot at first is a York win which isn’t out of the question but if I played the big ones contest I’d pick Rockwood at this point. Even with a win at coalfield and us finishing with 8 wins (if that happens) it wouldn’t change because overall wins only matters in breaking head to head ties in a 3 or more team scenario. 

Edited by crow

19 minutes ago, crow said:

Looks that way to me. If all 3 of us finish 4-1 in region then goes head to head. We all played round robin so still tied so goes to most wins. We already have 7 wins and if Rockwood wins they will also. Monterey can do no better than 6 wins so they’d be 3rd so start over with us and Rockwood. Same region record but they have the head to head advantage over us so us second and them 1st. Bledsoe beating Monterey basically took all the emphasis off our coalfield game from a region championship standpoint. Our only shot at first is a York win which isn’t out of the question but if I played the big ones contest I’d pick Rockwood at this point. Even with a win at coalfield and us finishing with 8 wins (if that happens) it wouldn’t change because overall wins only matters in breaking head to head ties in a 3 or more team scenario. 

I guess thats correct, I'm looking forward to watching the Coalfield game.

39 minutes ago, pujo said:

I guess thats correct, I'm looking forward to watching the Coalfield game.

You know about our YouTube channel don’t you? I figured you’ve already scoped it out lol. Still haven’t heard if they’re gonna let us live stream it or not. 

20 minutes ago, crow said:

You know about our YouTube channel don’t you? I figured you’ve already scoped it out lol. Still haven’t heard if they’re gonna let us live stream it or not. 

Yeah I've watched you a few games, thought this was the Thursday night rival game but think I can watch it either way.

13 hours ago, pujo said:

I'm still not sure about this tie breaker thing, I actually think  if you win, you've got it.

I don’t think we can if Rockwood wins out. If they beat York then we are both 4-1 in region. The first tie breaker is head to head and they beat us. In the 4-1 region record it wouldn’t matter if we were 9-1 and they were 4-6. We both would have a 4-1 region record and they won our game so head to head to them. The best thing for us is to win out and York to pull out the win. Otherwise we’re hosting y’all’s #3 it would appear. 

1 hour ago, crow said:

I don’t think we can if Rockwood wins out. If they beat York then we are both 4-1 in region. The first tie breaker is head to head and they beat us. In the 4-1 region record it wouldn’t matter if we were 9-1 and they were 4-6. We both would have a 4-1 region record and they won our game so head to head to them. The best thing for us is to win out and York to pull out the win. Otherwise we’re hosting y’all’s #3 it would appear. 

After looking at the TSSAA website, I think you are correct. Highly doubt York will beat Rockwood but I didn't think Oakdale would beat Harriman either. Guess thats why they play these games. The Coalfield game actually means nothing to either of you except Pride. Should be a Great game.

1 hour ago, pujo said:

After looking at the TSSAA website, I think you are correct. Highly doubt York will beat Rockwood but I didn't think Oakdale would beat Harriman either. Guess thats why they play these games. The Coalfield game actually means nothing to either of you except Pride. Should be a Great game.

Yes Bledsoe rendered that game null as far as region goes. Also I have been posting 4-1 as regional records. It should be 3-1. We’re a 5 team region.