Ripley Tigers invade Dyersburg JCSawyers Stadium

mg

Ripley Tigers visit Dyersburg this Friday.

Throw out the records as this is a rivalry. Ripley is better than their record shows.  They are a team with several young players and some say Ripley is a rising contender.

Would not be surprised to see a close game as Ripley will not be intimidated by rankings or records. They had Westview on the ropes the first half and had Covington sweating.

They will line up and play smash mouth.

Dyersburg again, for the third time this season, has been off two weeks which can have a negative impact on team performance. 

Could be a “trap” game!

https://www.facebook.com/PastorSteveGaines/videos/234256422040534

Edited by mg

On 10/23/2021 at 12:02 PM, mg said:

Ripley Tigers visit Dyersburg this Friday.

Throw out the records as this is a rivalry. Ripley is better than their record shows.  They are a team with several young players and some say Ripley is a rising contender.

Would not be surprised to see a close game as Ripley will not be intimidated by rankings or records. They had Westview on the ropes the first half and had Covington sweating.

They will line up and play smash mouth.

Dyersburg again, for the third time this season, has been off two weeks which can have a negative impact on team performance. 

Could be a “trap” game!

https://www.facebook.com/PastorSteveGaines/videos/234256422040534

Apparently game is at Ripley and not Dyersburg.

20 hours ago, mg said:

Apparently game is at Ripley and not Dyersburg.

Dburg need to come out of the game healthy. Fine tune some things to get ready for the playoffs starting next week and coming off what amounted to the 3rd bye week this year for the Trojans. Nothing to gain for Dburg in this game as the 1 seed is already wrapped up, but a ton to lose if a key player is injured. Play to win the game, but be smart about it.

27 minutes ago, fanoffootball2013 said:

Neither team has anything to gain or lose. 1-4 in the region is locked. Good luck to both in the playoffs. 

I believe you are correct in terms of the top 4 teams, but I'm thinking there could still be some seeding implications for 3 & 4 correct? If Ripley wins and Millington loses to Bolivar then Ripley finishes 3rd and Millington 4th right? Or if Millington loses to bolivar then Bolivar is in and Millington out?  I could be wrong though :)

38 minutes ago, Dash said:

I believe you are correct in terms of the top 4 teams, but I'm thinking there could still be some seeding implications for 3 & 4 correct? If Ripley wins and Millington loses to Bolivar then Ripley finishes 3rd and Millington 4th right? Or if Millington loses to bolivar then Bolivar is in and Millington out?  I could be wrong though :)

Your guess is good as mine! Lol they used to have the what if’s on TSSAA but I can’t find it this year. 

2 hours ago, Dash said:

@BIGPURPLEMACHINE Can you help us out ? 

52 minutes ago, fanoffootball2013 said:

@BIGPURPLEMACHINE Can you help us out ? 

If Millington wins they are 3 and Ripley 4. If Bolivar pulls the upset then the Covid game that Millington Forfeit to Covington will come back to haunt them if Ripley wins. That would make Ripley 3-2 in region and Millington 2-2. Covid forfeits go down as a win for the team that could play but don’t count against the team that couldn’t play if it is a region game. So Covington got a win and it didn’t count against Millington. Since Ripley would have more wins they would get the 3 seed even though Millington beat them heads up. Hope this helps. 

Edited by BIGPURPLEMACHINE
  • Like 1