Central @ West

madhatter2269

4 hours ago, Knoxemdown said:

You could make that argument for sevier co.  I suppose.  But, the difference between an 8 point win over Halls and 12 point win over halls is splitting hairs to me.  The entire discussion fails to take a third common opponent into account: Fulton.

According to the Fulton radio broadcast Central was down some 15 players to covid protocol for the game. Could have made a difference, not sure. If you saw the Halls/Central game Friday night, Central left several points on the field, but I guess every team can claim that at times.

2 minutes ago, dawgs82 said:

According to the Fulton radio broadcast Central was down some 15 players to covid protocol for the game. Could have made a difference, not sure. If you saw the Halls/Central game Friday night, Central left several points on the field, but I guess every team can claim that at times.

and gave central a short field from the onside that led directly to a TD.  

2 minutes ago, Knoxemdown said:

I don't think you have to take that kind of gamble in a game that should be tight anyway.  didn't understand that one.

I didn't understand Central trying to pass when Hall's had no answer for stopping Frank Johnson IV. They kept giving Halls the ball when they could have played ball control. Happened at the end of the first half and at the end of the game with a two score lead and 4 minutes to go. The kid is a load and a 10th grader.

47 minutes ago, dawgs82 said:

From my perch at West High I had heard rumors that were saying the same thing. I expect it to be a close game. Just curious you have a son that went to Powell and you pull for Central, that seems like a strange combination. What caused that?

1 minute ago, edwardblake said:

From my perch at West High I had heard rumors that were saying the same thing. I expect it to be a close game. Just curious you have a son that went to Powell and you pull for Central, that seems like a strange combination. What caused that?

Craziness mainly! No, my son played at Powell, signed and went to school at Carson-Newman, came out with a Masters, took a teaching and coaching job at AE, moved to Central under Rosser, and is now at Bearden but not coaching. I just like good high school football, will pull for whoever comes out of the east regardless of classification. I had rather watch a high school or college game any day than the pros. 

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, dawgs82 said:

Craziness mainly! No, my son played at Powell, signed and went to school at Carson-Newman, came out with a Masters, took a teaching and coaching job at AE, moved to Central under Rosser, and is now at Bearden but not coaching. I just like good high school football, will pull for whoever comes out of the east regardless of classification. I had rather watch a high school or college game any day than the pros. 

Yes, pro football has gotten far too political for me. I stick with prep and collegiate ball myself as well. Glad to hear your son is doing well. It sounds like he earned his keep early at AE. 

3 minutes ago, edwardblake said:

Yes, pro football has gotten far too political for me. I stick with prep and collegiate ball myself as well. Glad to hear your son is doing well. It sounds like he earned his keep early at AE. 

Three years and he enjoyed it. It really hurts him to see the struggles that go on there. Good kids, bad situations! But he had a great opportunity at Central and moved over. Rosser was such a great influence. My son loved coaching for him. He moved on to Bearden for professional growth opportunities and finished his principal's certification this past summer and is now waiting for opportunities. And we still pull for Powell....except when they play Central. lol I guess that is crazy, we still have friends in Powell.

4 minutes ago, dawgs82 said:

Three years and he enjoyed it. It really hurts him to see the struggles that go on there. Good kids, bad situations! But he had a great opportunity at Central and moved over. Rosser was such a great influence. My son loved coaching for him. He moved on to Bearden for professional growth opportunities and finished his principal's certification this past summer and is now waiting for opportunities. And we still pull for Powell....except when they play Central. lol I guess that is crazy, we still have friends in Powell.

My sons went to Knox West in the 90's. I've got one in the military and the other works at ORNL. We're still a West family and my son at ORNL catches you know what for it.

2 hours ago, FilmCzar said:

This game is simple. Can the West staff out coach the Central staff? History says no.

Then why did you just say that West pulls away late just a few minutes ago?  I know I shouldn’t feed trolls - but you make almost every discussion on every board worthless.  You average 30 plus posts a day on everyone’s board but manage to say nothing.  

• Sad 1