Bledsoe @ H2O. Round 1

H2Oman

10 hours ago, Tiger2 said:

I myself have said the score could have been misleading but after rewatching it I don't feel it was.  Do not listen to what you heard. Go watch the film. Meigs was dominant. If certain things happened, or this or that, maybe it could have been but that was not the case.

Meigs outgained Marion like 260 to 130 in yards and that was with just running clock and punting the 4th quarter.  I don't believe Marion County ever got close to scoring. The newspaper said the furthest they drove the ball was near the 30 yard line. They almost broke a run and dropped a pass but that is that. 

Meigs also started the game by driving down to the 1 yard line and missed out on points due to Marion standing tall at the goal line. Marion did not play that bad. 

Marions QB did go down but he continued to play the rest of the game. He is vital to their offense. The problem with Marion County is they are one dimensional. Meigs rush Defense is stout. 

Meigs does have difficulty with passing teams and tackling in space. Its not a secret. Watch the film from last couple of years. Heck, just watch the Tyner game. 19 to 18. We barely survived that one. 

I was able to watch some film on these H2O boys. I'm going to tell you something. That Cousino reminds me a lot of that Hampton QB and SG QB. He might be better. He looks good. I believe it said he is a 3 year starter. He has a good team around him also. 

He throws a nice deep ball. A very tight mid range pass with some whip on it and he moves around in the pocket well and he knows how to avoid pressure and he has some wheels. 

If Tyner's QB had any mobility they would have upset us. This Cousino kid looks to me anyways to be more of a threat and athlete but that's just my opinion. I do not want any one going crazy. He does have 3 years of experience playing in big games.

Prior to the Meigs/Marion game everyone was saying Marion is loaded and Meigs played no one. Marion will win the East. Now everyone is saying Meigs has the East locked up. 

I am pulling a Ben Smith and that Transitive property mambajamba stuff he was talking about. 

Meigs County could be in trouble if we run into Tyner or H2O. 

However with a senior loaded team and a ton of talent and athletes and several key contributors on both sides of the ball I believe Meigs is determined to get that Monkey off their back. 

Marion should have ran #2 more. Jmo 

1 hour ago, TynerRamFan said:

Sonny Moore's Power Rating has this game within single digits!

Watertown- 118.78

Bledsoe- 109.01

Could be the 2nd best game in Region 3/4 match-up!

I hear you, but these teams seem to be heading in different directions ( key word :seems) 

Watertown started off real badly at the beginning of the season and seems to be firing on all cylinders now.

Bledsoe from what I’ve read is dealing with injuries right now and seems to have possibly underperformed lately ( keyword : seems again)

This Watertown team reminds me a lot of the 2019 TC team who took some losses early, but got on a roll as the season progressed.

Will they go as far as that team who knows, but I surely wouldn’t doubt this bunch.

They are playing real good football right here when it counts!!!

Edited by H2Oman

28 minutes ago, H2Oman said:

I hear you, but these teams seem to be heading in different directions ( key word :seems) 

Watertown started off real badly at the beginning of the season and seems to be firing on all cylinders now.

Bledsoe from what I’ve read is dealing with injuries right now and seems to have possibly underperformed lately ( keyword : seems again)

This Watertown team reminds me a lot of the 2019 TC team who took some losses early, but got on a role as the season progressed.

Will they go as far as that team who knows, but I surely wouldn’t doubt this bunch.

They are playing real good football right here when it counts!!!

I believe you are talking about the 2018 team. The 2018 team started off 1-2 and then reeled off 8 wins in a row. That h2o team was also very young and they finally lost to Tyner in the second round. We were actually beating Tyner at halftime and had a very good chance to win. That was the same year they lost to UC in double overtime in the state championship. 

Our 2019 Team went 12-0 until the quarterfinals.

Edited by PiddyDaFull

2 minutes ago, PiddyDaFull said:

I believe you are talking about the 2018 team. The 2018 team started off 1-2 and then reeled off 8 wins in a row. That h2o team was also very young and they finally lost to Tyner in the second round. We were actually beating Tyner at halftime and had a very good chance to win. That was the same year they lost to UC in double overtime in the state championship. 

Our 2019 Team went 12-0 until the quarterfinals.

No I’m referring to the 2019 Hartsville team who finished 7-3 regular season, but started off with a loss to Lebanon and us in the first three weeks. 

That team went on to play Peabody in the State Championship. 

My reason for comparing the 2 is that both started slow, but got better as the season progressed.

5 minutes ago, H2Oman said:

No I’m referring to the 2019 Hartsville team who finished 7-3 regular season, but started off with a loss to Lebanon and us in the first three weeks. 

My reason for comparing the 2 is that both started slow, but got better as the season progressed.

Oh my apologies!

Although Im pretty sure the reason that TC team you are referring too started slow was because TC's best player/starting QB was suspended for the first 7 weeks of the season for marijuana. 

6 minutes ago, PiddyDaFull said:

Oh my apologies!

Although Im pretty sure the reason that TC team you are referring too started slow was because TC's best player/starting QB was suspended for the first 7 weeks of the season for marijuana. 

Yeah I remember the QB, but there may be differences on why they started slow… both improved dramatically.

5 minutes ago, H2Oman said:

Yeah I remember the QB, but there may be differences on why they started slow… both improved dramatically.

Very true. 

I just always thought it was funny that if a student at WHS got caught with marijuana he would be expelled and immediately sent to alternative school but a kid at TCHS only has to miss 7 football games and he's fine lol

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, PiddyDaFull said:

Very true. 

I just always thought it was funny that if a student at WHS got caught with marijuana he would be expelled and immediately sent to alternative school but a kid at TCHS only has to miss 7 football games and he's fine lol

We all know why!!

1 hour ago, H2Oman said:

That was 2018.  2019 only losses were to water by three in overtime after 5 turnovers and 11 penalties. Then lost by 2 at Meigs in semis when 2 point conversion was stopped at the end of the game.

2018 best player was suspended for several games and lost close to Lebanon, water and whitwell who won single A that year. Whitwell was his first game back. Then made it all the way to champ game and lost to Peabody 17-9.    

Just now, DealLawyer said:

That was 2018.  2019 only losses were to water by three in overtime after 5 turnovers and 11 penalties. Then lost by 2 at Meigs in semis when 2 point conversion was stopped at the end of the game.

2018 best player was suspended for several games and lost close to Lebanon, water and whitwell who won single A that year. Whitwell was his first game back. Then made it all the way to champ game and lost to Peabody 17-9.    

My bad… the years are starting to run together.