Jump to content

Class 4A Region 1 Best Teams


hoopsfanatic
 Share

Recommended Posts

I think in the other District everything including the region has Jeff county hosting. Not a bad drive for anyone, right off the interstate. After another few games and seeing what Oak Ridge did to Karns  and West Ridge losing. My top 3 and  honestly think in both regions they are way above everyone else

Region 1 

East

DB 

Science Hill

Region 2

Bearden

Oak Ridge

Farragut

East has Greeneville Monday night. Should be a good game 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

After Friday's games, here is how District 1 looks:

  1. Dobyns-Bennett 17-4, 3-0
  2. Science Hill 19-3, 2-1
  3. David Crockett 12-7, 1-1
  4. Daniel Boone 7-12, 1-2
  5. West Ridge 12-9, 0-3

Only 3 district games are being played this week.

Tuesday:

  • D-B at Crockett
  • Science Hill at West Ridge

Friday:

  • Crockett at Boone

I've said it earlier, D-B at Crockett could be a sneaky good game.  In the time I've been following D-B, they've never played a good game at Crockett.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/16/2022 at 2:53 PM, SWVAHavokFan said:

After Friday's games, here is how District 1 looks:

  1. Dobyns-Bennett 17-4, 3-0
  2. Science Hill 19-3, 2-1
  3. David Crockett 12-7, 1-1
  4. Daniel Boone 7-12, 1-2
  5. West Ridge 12-9, 0-3

Only 3 district games are being played this week.

Tuesday:

  • D-B at Crockett
  • Science Hill at West Ridge

Friday:

  • Crockett at Boone

I've said it earlier, D-B at Crockett could be a sneaky good game.  In the time I've been following D-B, they've never played a good game at Crockett.

Game scheduled for tonight at Crockett... moved to Wednesday.  DB boys and girls are on a roll. Dang what a deep team for scoring options! I doubt Crockett can keep it closer than 15 by the end of the game.

The West Widge Wolves are finding things not so easy when you just play the big schools...boys and girls. But hopefully the WW girls figure it out and put a beat down on SH...when they play. 

Edited by LINEDAD
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, LINEDAD said:

Game scheduled for tonight at Crockett... moved to Wednesday.  DB boys and girls are on a roll. Dang what a deep team for scoring options! I doubt Crockett can keep it closer than 15 by the end of the game.

The West Widge Wolves are finding things not so easy when you just play the big schools...boys and girls. But hopefully the WW girls figure it out and put a beat down on SH...when they play. 

Are they still on for tonight?  May go check that one out since we got postponed.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Watched West Ridge and East. Not a pretty game and didnt think East was ever in trouble. Ilic picked up some real questionable calls and sat half the game. Simpson and Cloninger dominated their guards. West did play alot better this time, dont see how they got beat so bad the game before. Sevier seems to be playing alot better and has East at Sevier Friday night. I've said all along DB has the deepest team and most talent 1 to 8. East has by far the best 3 and a pretty good next 4 or 5. Science Hill cant afford any foul trouble, neither can Sevier Co

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, hoopsfanatic said:

Watched West Ridge and East. Not a pretty game and didnt think East was ever in trouble. Ilic picked up some real questionable calls and sat half the game. Simpson and Cloninger dominated their guards. West did play alot better this time, dont see how they got beat so bad the game before. Sevier seems to be playing alot better and has East at Sevier Friday night. I've said all along DB has the deepest team and most talent 1 to 8. East has by far the best 3 and a pretty good next 4 or 5. Science Hill cant afford any foul trouble, neither can Sevier Co

Good summation except...MO-East has 2, not 3 of the best.. IMO. The big man never can play big, only outside on the 3pt line and is always in foul trouble. For the life of me, I cannot see why ETSU has offered/signed him up. 

DB has 3 players right at the 1,000 point total. I am hoping all 3 hit that mark before the West Widge game next Tuesday. That would be a good night to give out some 1,000 point balls!

Edited by LINEDAD
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I agree, he plays outside way to much. If he stayed around the goal wouldnt be any question East is best team.   Easy to pick on big kids in Hs. Refs have hard time officiating them, Db has similar problem with Browder and Malakai. Etsu sees the potential, obviously. A 6'10 kid who can play anywhere on the floor gets a double double every game and blocks 3 or 4 shots a game is hard to come by. Chris Poore would trade any 2 kids on his team to have him. But in Hs he should be around the goal a whole lot more, hopefully East wont figure that out and keep him 20ft from the basket. I know the opposing coaches would rather him be out there, lol.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/19/2022 at 3:16 PM, hoopsfanatic said:

I agree, he plays outside way to much. If he stayed around the goal wouldnt be any question East is best team.   Easy to pick on big kids in Hs. Refs have hard time officiating them, Db has similar problem with Browder and Malakai. Etsu sees the potential, obviously. A 6'10 kid who can play anywhere on the floor gets a double double every game and blocks 3 or 4 shots a game is hard to come by. Chris Poore would trade any 2 kids on his team to have him. But in Hs he should be around the goal a whole lot more, hopefully East wont figure that out and keep him 20ft from the basket. I know the opposing coaches would rather him be out there, lol.

Everybody has their opinion.. but, I doubt you would get that trade from Coach Poore...def not me.

Hopefully, we see how it all plays out. Going to be a fun rest of the season from here on out. Its the best Basketball in Region 1 in a long long time.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Fritzy said in his writeup that we looked great last night....

I thought we did for a quarter, but not the other three.  I'd love to see the FG% last night.  I'd bet it wasn't great.  We won by 30, but should have beaten Crockett by 50.

As I've mentioned about Crockett, we don't play our best in that gym for whatever reason.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, SWVAHavokFan said:

Fritzy said in his writeup that we looked great last night....

I thought we did for a quarter, but not the other three.  I'd love to see the FG% last night.  I'd bet it wasn't great.  We won by 30, but should have beaten Crockett by 50.

As I've mentioned about Crockett, we don't play our best in that gym for whatever reason.

I agree.. not bad winning by 30 and not playing the best. DB has room for improvement, def not played their best yet. 

But, it's not bad, playing ok and having 5 in double figures! 

DB PLAYS AT ELIZABETHTON SATURDAY - NOTHING FRIDAY NIGHT

Saturday schedule: JV BOYS 1:30 VARSITY GIRLS 3:00 VARSITY BOYS 4:30

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

Announcements




  • Recent Posts

    • DD is back at Polk!!! All is right I would like to see a different offense but I'm excited because I know the defense will be ready to go. 
    • spinning 'round in a spell  it's hard to leave this carousel  'round & 'round & 'round & round      ~ journey   School  (Out)  IN *Interim **New School ***back to 11 man football. Independent schedule 2022. ****non region varsity schedule 2022. *****closing Update [ ] championship co-head Alcoa - (Gary Rankin) - Brian Nix Antioch -(Ian Marshall) - Devin Arnold Arlington - (Vic Shavers) - Tommy Miller Baylor - (Phil Massey) - Erik Kimrey Beardon - (Morgan Shinlever) - Josh Jones Boyd Buchanan - (Jeremy Bosken) - Gary Rankin Brainerd - (Stanley Jackson) - Martels Carter Brighton - (Mike David) - Morgan Cruce Bruceton - (Bert Snow) - Trey Crews Chattanooga Christian - (Mark Mariakis) - Phil Massey Chester County - (Steve Robinson) - Dewond Johnson Chuckey Doak - (Matt Ripley) - Dallas Kuykendall Clarksville NE - (Brandon Clark) - Claude Townsend Clay County - (Jake Johnson) - Bruce Lamb Collinwood - (Leslie Mote) - Boyce Dixon Columbia - (*John Moore) - Bobby Sharp Columbia Academy - (Charlie Lansdell) - Seth Anderson Cookeville - (Jimmy Maynord) - Taylor Hennigan Cordova - (Marcus Wimberly) - Keith Setler Cornersville - (Gerard Randolph) - Shelby Waddle Dickson County - (Greg Burns) - Jeff Tomlinson East Robertson - (Atlee Pond) - Chase Brooks East Ridge - (Tim James) - Chad Barger Ezell Harding*** - (Dustin McGee) - Corry Stewart Fayetteville - (Kenny Morson) - Daniel Johnson Franklin Rd Academy - (Bill Whittemore) - Justin Geisinger Fulton - (Rob Black) - Jeff McMillan Gibson County - (Cody Finley) - Charles Rogers Glencliff - (Mike Passen) - Michael Stevenson Gordonsville - (Scott Clemons) - Stephen Jackson Grace Christian Franklin - (Rusty Smith) - Bobby Miller Greenfield - (Don Pitt) - Tyler Rice Hamilton - (Antwone Moore) - Jerel Blanchard Hardin Valley - (Mike Potter) - Jeff Miner Harding Academy - (Cody Nelson) - Herbert Kendall Heritage - (Tim Hammondtree) - Joe Osovet Hillcrest - ( Mario Stevenson) - Harold Wooten Independence - (Scott Blade) - Scott Stidham Kenwood - (Les Greer) - Jarhett Snead Kingsbury - (Quintin Jones) - Quintin Jones KIPP Academy - (Montrell Craft) - Knoxville Halls - (Scott Cummings) - Brent Hughes Lake County - (Cory Quinn) - Jonathan Canada Lakeland Prep - (**) - Tyler White Lakeway Christian - (Steve Haywood) - Thad Wells Lenoir City - (Jeff Cortez) - Gary Dugger Lewis County - (Bobby Sharp) - Derek Rang Liberty Creek - (**) - Bill Alexander Lincoln County - (Kevin Rose) - Eddie Cunningham MAHS - (Cedric Miller) - ***** MASE - (Julius Jackson) - Cedric Miller Manassas - (Chris Rayborn) - Kenneth Gillion Marion County - (Dale Pruitt) - Tim Starkey Melrose - (Cedrick Wilson) - Derrick Bobo Middleton - (Craig Harris) - James Davis Jr Midway - (Ron Treadway) - (Joe Campbell) - Justin O'Toole Milan - (Carl Diffie) - Derek Carr MLK - (Jeremy Rockette) - Michael LaFrance Montgomery Central - (Jeff Tomlinson) - Corey Wright Northview Academy - (Heath Woods) - Justin Anderson Oak Ridge - (Joe Gaddis) - Scott Cummings Oliver Springs - (Larry Green) - Tyler Harper Polk County - (Rusty Brewer) - Derrick Davis PopeJohnPaul II - (Justin Geisinger) - Brian Sneed Raleigh Egypt - (Devlin Lane) - Thurston Rubin Jr Red Bank - (Chris Brown) - Ted Gatewood RePublic**** - () - Keith Martin Rockvale - (Rick Rice) - Brian Guthrie Scott - (Josh Terry) - Chris Harris Sequoyah - (Ryan Bolinger) - *Peels/McConkey - Derrick Vestal Shelbyville - (Josh Puckett) - Soddy Daisy - (Justin Barnes) - Carter Cardwell South Doyle - (Clark Duncan) - (*Rusty Partin) - Paul Shelton South Gibson - (Scott Stidham) - Ben Johnson South Pittsburg - (Chris Jones) - [*Grider/Stone] - Wes Stone Southwind - (Chris Jones) - Jerome Griffin Stratford - (Thomas Porter) - Summertown - (Dakota Crews) - Rick Rice Tellico Plains - (Jon Rechtorovic) - Bobby White Tennessee High - (*Matt Chandler) - (Matt Rhymer) - Josh Holt Tullahoma - (John Olive) - Coy Sisk Union County - (Larry Kerr) - Steve Smith Wartburg - (Kevin Human) - Dustin Peels Webb School - (Kyle Turnbow) - Evan Gay West Creek - (James Figueroa) - Rob Gallowitz Westwood - (Orentheus Taylor) - Devin Scates White House Heritage - (Stetson Dickerson) - Chad Broadrick White Station - (Reid Yarbrough) - Teran Conley William Blount - (Phillip Shadowens) - Robert Reeves Wooddale - (Jerome Griffin) - Jerrell Starnes York Institute - (Kerry Johnson) - Derwin Wright Zion Christian - (Jeff Jordan) - (Charlie Lansdell) - Kurt Beathard                
    • If they can contain McWilliams they should win.
    • I know no matter who the coach is I will take Basin by 6
    • That's actually funny but he comes from Arkansas they just do that at birth I'm pretty sure.
×
  • Create New...