Class 4A Region 1 Best Teams

hoopsfanatic

How about them West Ridge Wolves? After starting 0-5 in district play, they've won 2 straight after beating Crockett tonight! The Lady Wolves also get the job done as well. 

Dobyns-Bennett struggled tonight but still beat Boone by 16. 

Anyone know why Metz didn't play tonight for D-B? Hopefully he plays Friday... We'll need him. 

11 hours ago, TribalEmpire said:

How about them West Ridge Wolves? After starting 0-5 in district play, they've won 2 straight after beating Crockett tonight! The Lady Wolves also get the job done as well. 

Dobyns-Bennett struggled tonight but still beat Boone by 16. 

Anyone know why Metz didn't play tonight for D-B? Hopefully he plays Friday... We'll need him. 

I hate to say it but looks like DB has gone wobbly with the tournaments just around the corner. 

Big game tonight in JC. Back in the throw back uniforms and all... DB / Douglass @ SH / Langston.

Why DB wins this game tonight. 

Cool sideline Coach vs Out of control yeller

5 starters score double figures vs 2

DB is 4-0 in Douglass Tigers uniforms...the boys love those Powder Blue's

Jack Browder did not score in the 1st meeting and DB won that one... Jack is playing the best basketball of his career right now..he will be hard to stop tonight. 

Should be a packed house, hot, nasty, chippy, hateful, perfect rival conditions.

D-B left no doubt tonight who the best team in the Big 5 is. Wow. What a statement. 82-47 whipping on the Toppers own court. Probably by far the best game the Tribe have played all season. 

If and it's a huge IF... They play like they do tonight in the district and region tournament, there's Noone in Region 1 beating them. 

Best part of the night was when the backups was in and the Toppers were fouling on purpose to try to get the student section free Chick-fil-A. And even that didn't work. Lmao. 

21 hours ago, TribalEmpire said:

D-B left no doubt tonight who the best team in the Big 5 is. Wow. What a statement. 82-47 whipping on the Toppers own court. Probably by far the best game the Tribe have played all season. 

If and it's a huge IF... They play like they do tonight in the district and region tournament, there's Noone in Region 1 beating them. 

Best part of the night was when the backups was in and the Toppers were fouling on purpose to try to get the student section free Chick-fil-A. And even that didn't work. Lmao. 

Would of been hard for "any" 4A team to beat DB last night. Thats what you call hitting on all cylinders. Would be nice to see them play at this level in the tournaments. But I know that's too much to ask. At least we know their capable. 

• Like 1

On 2/4/2022 at 8:50 AM, LINEDAD said:

Big game tonight in JC. Back in the throw back uniforms and all... DB / Douglass @ SH / Langston.

Why DB wins this game tonight. 

Cool sideline Coach vs Out of control yeller

5 starters score double figures vs 2

DB is 4-0 in Douglass Tigers uniforms...the boys love those Powder Blue's

Jack Browder did not score in the 1st meeting and DB won that one... Jack is playing the best basketball of his career right now..he will be hard to stop tonight. 

Should be a packed house, hot, nasty, chippy, hateful, perfect rival conditions.

#1 - SH Coach got a Technical walking off the court at halftime.... yelling at the officials. For what? Because DB hit 8-12 3's.

#2 - DB had 4 in dbl figures... pretty sure just 1 for SH

#3 - DB is 5-0 in the Powder Blue Tigers uniforms

#4 - Jack Browder wasn't hard to stop, he was unstoppable...18 points, 19 rebounds. He is playing in Beast Mode now. 

Tonight at the Dome -

6PM Freshman Big 5 Championship game vs SH  

7:30 JV Big 5 Championship game vs SH

Tuesday night at the Dome - Senior Night - vs David Crockett.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, LINEDAD said:

#1 - SH Coach got a Technical walking off the court at halftime.... yelling at the officials. For what? Because DB hit 8-12 3's.

#2 - DB had 4 in dbl figures... pretty sure just 1 for SH

#3 - DB is 5-0 in the Powder Blue Tigers uniforms

#4 - Jack Browder wasn't hard to stop, he was unstoppable...18 points, 19 rebounds. He is playing in Beast Mode now. 

Tonight at the Dome -

6PM Freshman Big 5 Championship game vs SH  

7:30 JV Big 5 Championship game vs SH

Tuesday night at the Dome - Senior Night - vs David Crockett.

What time is the Gate City game on Saturday?

Whats up with Morristown East? How do you beat a team in December by 40+ and lose to them by 10 last night. I've been hearing there are issues there since early January and starting to come to a head the last few games. Looks like DB has definitely moved to the best team in this region and might be interesting for the the other region finalist. Obviously SH and East not  playing their best ball. Ken Wright and Sevier might sneak up on everbody again.

2 hours ago, hoopsfanatic said:

Whats up with Morristown East? How do you beat a team in December by 40+ and lose to them by 10 last night. I've been hearing there are issues there since early January and starting to come to a head the last few games. Looks like DB has definitely moved to the best team in this region and might be interesting for the the other region finalist. Obviously SH and East not  playing their best ball. Ken Wright and Sevier might sneak up on everbody again.

Maybe more like what was up with Sevier Co. in the December game. Because Sevier Co. is a very good team. I don't know if we can pick a "best team" in Region 1 or 2. May be the most really good team's I've ever seen in one year. Going to be interesting in the tournaments. Unless somebody just catches on fire I don't see any team going undefeated through tournament play. 

During the first Sevier Co-East game, several factors. One, game was at East, which is tough place to play.  Second, East played great and shot lights out. Sevier Co was down a starter and lost 3 other starters at the half due to injuries.  Everything went East way.  The game at SC was a great game to watch.  Sevier has everyone healthy and  played one of their best games. East got in foul trouble and Sevier played better defensively.   Both teams should advance in district and face each other again in the district tournament.