Bearden open

HTV

27 minutes ago, LEFTYKNOX said:

A strong chance that a new HC with offensive background will replace the current DC with one of "his guys" and vice versa. A new HC with a defensive background will replace the OC with one of "his guys". 

I don't see a new hire doing anything with the defensive staff if they choose to stay, IMO. They had a great year.

12 minutes ago, FHSAlum12 said:

I don't see a new hire doing anything with the defensive staff if they choose to stay, IMO. They had a great year.

There is no way a new HC comes in and doesn't at the very least change coordinators on both sides of the ball. I don't care what the teaching position situation is there. He will change both who is running the offense and the defense.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, LEFTYKNOX said:

There is no way a new HC comes in and doesn't at the very least change coordinators on both sides of the ball. I don't care what the teaching position situation is there. He will change both who is running the offense and the defense.

That would make the most sense to me, as well.  There is a reason they are changing head coaches, and new head coaches should always have the opportunity to select the coordinators he wants in place.  

But that doesn't always mean that current staff members aren't considered, but it still should be the new coach's choice.  If it's not going to be, don't even make a change.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, HTV said:

That would make the most sense to me, as well.  There is a reason they are changing head coaches, and new head coaches should always have the opportunity to select the coordinators he wants in place.  

But that doesn't always mean that current staff members aren't considered, but it still should be the new coach's choice.  If it's not going to be, don't even make a change.  

Who has served as the OC / DC for Shinlever?

3 minutes ago, PostingGawd39 said:

I know Paul Shaver was OC there a few years ago, not sure the past couple of years

Paul Shelton was the OC there for a while, he is currently a position coach for UC Davis in California. When he left, Brian Milan took over as the OC, moving over from his role as the DC. Mickey Chait has been over the defense since then. Milan left this past season as well, took a job as a position coach at Maryville College. Not sure who the OC was this season, heard he came from Heritage. 

11 minutes ago, Drifter1987 said:

Paul Shelton was the OC there for a while, he is currently a position coach for UC Davis in California. When he left, Brian Milan took over as the OC, moving over from his role as the DC. Mickey Chait has been over the defense since then. Milan left this past season as well, took a job as a position coach at Maryville College. Not sure who the OC was this season, heard he came from Heritage. 

Oh wow, more turnover there than I had thought. No wonder they are not looking at internal candidates or names emerging for the role from people currently on staff.

Edited by FHSAlum12

11 minutes ago, FHSAlum12 said:

Oh wow, more turnover there than I had thought. No wonder they are not looking at internal candidates or names emerging for the role from people currently on staff.

I've heard the DC is really good, apparently was running the strength program for Shinlever as well. Don't know him personally but just have heard he's a bright young coach that he does a good job. I believe whoever they hire should try to keep him and the defensive staff intact. They gave up 148 points this year to everyone not named Maryville, which is about 17 ppg, a good OC or offensive minded HC could win a bunch of games if they can keep that defensive production. 

43 minutes ago, Drifter1987 said:

That explains a lot. :roflol:

• Like 1