Betsy Makes A Long Trip To AC For 2nd Round

18 minutes ago, BetsyCyclones16 said:

Yeah man!  Thanks,  tough bunch of kids AC has.  I’m just poking the bear with you.  Always respect AC program.  Hope we keep it going and give Greeneville a game this time.  This is a completely different team now.  Go cyclones!

4 minutes ago, DevilMan03 said:

Well well well hate we couldn’t beat the Mavs again this year lol

But Beware Betsy. Y’all have gotten better 

BUT 

The Greene Devils have as well!!!

WHAT MAKES THE GRASS GROW???

BLOOD MAKES THE GRASS GROW!!!

KILL KILL!!!

Go Devils 

Yep it's left up to you guys. Betsy has improved definitely north south running but can they stop the east west run of Greeneville? And Betsy did not have to worry about a pass so can Greeneville QB do it! It appears to be one of those 27-14 games but who knows. Actually good luck to both of you guys and who ever represents... Championships in 4A will always come out of East Tennessee!!! Go Guys!!!

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 2

37 minutes ago, Mavericksinflight said:

Yep it's left up to you guys. Betsy has improved definitely north south running but can they stop the east west run of Greeneville? And Betsy did not have to worry about a pass so can Greeneville QB do it! It appears to be one of those 27-14 games but who knows. Actually good luck to both of you guys and who ever represents... Championships in 4A will always come out of East Tennessee!!! Go Guys!!!

Thanks Mav!!! I enjoyed our banter this season. May we all be as true to our teams as you are to your AC Mavericks.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

On 11/7/2021 at 2:27 AM, Mavericksinflight said:

Well have not mentioned fire as in firing. Mentioned however they need to shake up the defense as in past Mavs could out score the defense but now they obviously can't. And it's obvious to we need a better defence..period...all many teams need a good defense so they work on it. Whatever and who ever it takes to help win this game with Betsy would be great. But we have to do our homework. I feel if our defense plays like last year than we have a chance. And it's only normal to want more out the Mavs.

Mav, I respect you and love your posts and passions but Chadwell ain't the problem (if that's really your criticism, and it might not be).  It's jimmies and joes and not Xs and Os.  You cannot have so many critical players going both ways and expect to compete with the likes of Powell, Gville and Betsy.  It's a rock and a hard place, cause if you don't have the jimmies and the joes to field mostly different players each way then you work with what you got.  Yes, you can beat a lot of teams with what we've got precisely because of the good coaching we have.  But the big dilemma that the coaches have on both sides of the ball at AC pretty much year in and year out is getting over that hump that requires bigger, faster, stronger.  Speed is so much a part of the game, so as a coach you want your faster players on the field and if you only have so much of that to go around, you're cooked cause you'll have holes or worn out players.  That's the way I see it at least.

4 hours ago, MavMaximus said:

Mav, I respect you and love your posts and passions but Chadwell ain't the problem (if that's really your criticism, and it might not be).  It's jimmies and joes and not Xs and Os.  You cannot have so many critical players going both ways and expect to compete with the likes of Powell, Gville and Betsy.  It's a rock and a hard place, cause if you don't have the jimmies and the joes to field mostly different players each way then you work with what you got.  Yes, you can beat a lot of teams with what we've got precisely because of the good coaching we have.  But the big dilemma that the coaches have on both sides of the ball at AC pretty much year in and year out is getting over that hump that requires bigger, faster, stronger.  Speed is so much a part of the game, so as a coach you want your faster players on the field and if you only have so much of that to go around, you're cooked cause you'll have holes or worn out players.  That's the way I see it at least.

If we’re being REALLY honest with ourselves that whole staff needs a MAJOR makeover… Starting on the offensive side of the ball NEVER in my life have I seen a more vanilla offense and I remember the Kerr years… There’s to much talent at  the skill positions for it to be 3 yards and a cloud of dust or bubble pass left or bubble pass right… Don’t give me that Freshman Qb stuff either… They had 5-6 games to get him acclimated and they failed to do so… Defensively it’s hard to run that hybrid Defense they are running when you don’t have the DTs up front that can plug the holes and take on blockers… BUT… The main concern is why in the world are you playing man to man on the outside against Wrs that run 4.7-4.8 forty yard dashes and we’re lucky if we have DBs that run 4.9-5.0 flat 40s… That’s not smart at all and players playing out of position hurts as well… So yes there needs to be a change at the defensive coordinator position or a change in the scheme… BUT… none of things i mentioned  will happen because and I hate to say it … Complacency  has taken over at AC and they’re comfortable with it… Sadly… Until Next Year 

4 hours ago, MavMaximus said:

No all of that makes sense. And you can only get so much out of one player. But as a fan side you have to always want better. And as a fan you typically have no idea of what coaching is about...lol. myself. But fans will always grip and want better and better. Parents is the other side they always want there kid to play so thats the political side.  I get it I would never try coaching. Many teams can win if solid and a playmaker. Betsy had that QB. We have had that in Martin...etc.. But any fan and look at what OR coaching staff have went through on here. I am a cakewalk lol... meant no I'll harm towards Chadwell in fact I have had some good post on him and Jamie. But as a fan and armchair QB you have to blame it on the rain...lol Some take it too seriously I understand that too. Lol...myself..But going forward Mavs have a good team coming back and look forward to another great year.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, OldHead94 said:

If we’re being REALLY honest with ourselves that whole staff needs a MAJOR makeover… Starting on the offensive side of the ball NEVER in my life have I seen a more vanilla offense and I remember the Kerr years… There’s to much talent at  the skill positions for it to be 3 yards and a cloud of dust or bubble pass left or bubble pass right… Don’t give me that Freshman Qb stuff either… They had 5-6 games to get him acclimated and they failed to do so… Defensively it’s hard to run that hybrid Defense they are running when you don’t have the DTs up front that can plug the holes and take on blockers… BUT… The main concern is why in the world are you playing man to man on the outside against Wrs that run 4.7-4.8 forty yard dashes and we’re lucky if we have DBs that run 4.9-5.0 flat 40s… That’s not smart at all and players playing out of position hurts as well… So yes there needs to be a change at the defensive coordinator position or a change in the scheme… BUT… none of things i mentioned  will happen because and I hate to say it … Complacency  has taken over at AC and they’re comfortable with it… Sadly… Until Next Year 

Yeah Complacency can happen in anything and it does. But we need playmakers. AC has been solid almost ever year. Martin was a playmaker and Fox too. As for speed track would be good lol. Larue will coming soon that will help. And OL has not been the greatest last two games. My opinion it's been a rough schedule and the Mavs were trying to coast the season out as Region Champs. Next year will be another fun hopefully exciting year with everyone coming back. 

Every other year or two we lose in the playoff and I rant and rave..and rant and rave...then blame it on whatever I can find...you think I would be blaming it on all this rain Seattle is getting lol...no I like to get a fire started....But in retrospect you would think I would be Thankful we always in the playoffs and compete well...hummmm....nope we should do better...lol..