Round 2 Waverly travels to East Nashville

Wavo2004

11 minutes ago, Trollin said:

Well here it is. First to eat my crow. East just has too many horses. Congratulations to East, they are a great football team. They will definitely be in the Semis and may make it to Chattanooga. I’ll be rooting for them. 

Congratulations to Waverly for an awesome season. Despite everything that happened to our town, our people, our schools, they went on the road and played 11 games as road warriors. Definitely proud of them, they fought hard and overcame so much. At the end of the day, they just don’t have the horses to compete in 3A. Sadly this was probably one of our most talented classes ever. Next year could be rough. Looking forward to 2A ball in 2023.

Congrats on a great season.  In the face of tremendous adversity the football team brought an entire community together when it was most needed.  Coach Boldin and those guys have done a great job and Waverly will be among the favorites in Region 6-3A once again in 2022.  

East Nashville is loaded.  I'd love to see them match up with Alcoa in Chattanooga.  

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Trollin said:

Well here it is. First to eat my crow. East just has too many horses. Congratulations to East, they are a great football team. They will definitely be in the Semis and may make it to Chattanooga. I’ll be rooting for them. 

Congratulations to Waverly for an awesome season. Despite everything that happened to our town, our people, our schools, they went on the road and played 11 games as road warriors. Definitely proud of them, they fought hard and overcame so much. At the end of the day, they just don’t have the horses to compete in 3A. Sadly this was probably one of our most talented classes ever. Next year could be rough. Looking forward to 2A ball in 2023.

Fried crow don’t taste too bad lol

26 minutes ago, Fryinpan66 said:

I knew Waverly wouldn’t be ready for that speed that East has. They are athletic, fast, & even hit hard. White House will have their hands full next week too. 

WH will be packing up after next Friday, Hate to say it but I just don’t see them getting it done against East.

On 11/10/2021 at 9:01 AM, vandyfan1 said:

I think what will hurt Waverly the most is if East makes it to the second level of our defense. If it happens they are taking it the house. We are going to have to match them score for score. This will be a high scoring game for East and Waverly will have to score bunches. Their speed is what worries me the most. Im not worried about size. Waverly is an outstanding small town ball team. When you are playing teams like East Nashville there is a huge difference between the two. Just imagine if Pearl didn’t move up! That’s who we would be playing right now. My Tigers will fight I just don’t know if we have enough fire power to beat them. It’s going to take a great game plan to do so and even if we do have a great game plan the question is do we have enough athletes to execute it? 

Just got around to  reading this  post. Spot on. Been that way for Camden for 20 years.one of if not the smallest school in 3a facing Pearl/east/one of the now private schools like good pasture  in the 2nd or 3rd round.  Great season dude. 

• Thanks 1