Round 2 - Montgomery Central vs Tullahoma

TTownFan50

It was 37-7 the first go round and I thought the Cats played with them on the first few possessions. I don't expect the Cats to mess around this time.  I think we own the air, I think we own the line and I think it will be 21-0 after 1 quarter and then we will intercept several passes as they try to catch up. I'll call it 49-14 with mercy clock running the whole second half and we play everyone on our sideline before the games out. They may not be as good as Chester County. 

3 hours ago, wornoutwildcat said:

It was 37-7 the first go round and I thought the Cats played with them on the first few possessions. I don't expect the Cats to mess around this time.  I think we own the air, I think we own the line and I think it will be 21-0 after 1 quarter and then we will intercept several passes as they try to catch up. I'll call it 49-14 with mercy clock running the whole second half and we play everyone on our sideline before the games out. They may not be as good as Chester County. 

Not as good as Chester County yet they beat a team last night that finished higher in the region than did Chester County?  

The first game their were two offensive turnovers that were returned for TD's.  Central's D held them to two TD's and forced three FG's. Central will pound the rock and Central's defense will bring pressure from everywhere.  Their OL will be guessing all night where are they coming from. It will be a chess match. Their defense has been very consistent and I don't expect anything less from them.  If Central can pull off an upset they will host either Pearl or Hardin County.  More than likely Pearl.  I know they would love to get their hands on Brown again.   I do think Tullahoma is a great team, BUT that is why the game is played between the lines.  "GO INDIANS". 

37-7 tells the tale. It doesn’t matter how you come up with 7 points it still don’t beat 37. So our defense scored twice, they do that about every game. Our defense outscored most of our opponents offense. It can happen on Friday if Central throws the ball. The Wildcats have proven to be pretty good on both sides of the ball. 

Tullahoma was without 2 starters on offense in the first meeting. Even with a couple of guys missing, the offensive side of the ball still scored 23 points. If Tullahoma would not have tried a trick play on the opening kickoff, Montgomery Central would not have scored. I understand teams can get better as the season goes, but Tullahoma is back full strength and looked the best I have seen them, of late, this past Friday night. The offense was balanced with the run and pass until the starters came out. The defense played lights out and special teams didn’t allow a kick to be returned. Tullahoma 49-7. 

Montgomery Centrals defense is legit they held Tullahoma to 23 offensive points, Marshall County to 17 points, and Pearl Cohn to 16 points. So for the season MC scores 22.6 points a game while surrendering 9.9.  Plus, there is no doubt that MC’s coach is good at developing a game plan.  The downside to their team is they struggle to score points, they had 7 against Tullahoma, 8 against Pearl Cohn, and 22 against Marshall County.  Tullahoma scored 37 against MC, 24 against Pearl Cohn, and 28 points against Marshall County.  For the season Tullahoma scores 38.7 points per game while surrendering 8.8.  I believe this game will be close for the first half.  MC will have to either focus on stopping the run or the pass, but it’s difficult to do both.  With all of Tullahoma’s players being healthy, they are able pass and run pretty efficiently.  Then add into the mix a kicker that puts 90% of his kickoffs into the end zone, so your offense has to drive the length of the field…Tullahoma 38-7.

14 hours ago, Undertaker411 said:

Ehhh…  a day of rest and a little extra practice never hurt anyone

Seems like running on Monday, punishment Tuesday and finish some punishment Wednesday?  A little excessive!  

Did all the seniors in the school get punished?  What did the band members do for skipping, Cheerleaders, regular students?  Why just the Athletes?

Edited by Sweetness1

2 hours ago, Sweetness1 said:

Seems like running on Monday, punishment Tuesday and finish some punishment Wednesday?  A little excessive!  

Did all the seniors in the school get punished?  What did the band members do for skipping, Cheerleaders, regular students?  Why just the Athletes?

Well that would be a great question for the administration you mentioned above! Jason Quick would love to answer that. 454-2620! From my understanding he attended baseball practice Monday afternoon to watch his senior (who also skipped) son practice, all while not allowing the football seniors to attend practice! He puts on a good front on Friday nights trotting around seeming like he enjoys football! Abuse of authority it seems.