Round 2 - Montgomery Central vs Tullahoma

TTownFan50

Athletes are being held accountable and it shouldn't be a question as to what's going on elsewhere in the school. Baseball was punished as well. Athletes being held accountable should be a good thing. Usually its the other way around , athletes get away with everything. @Sweetness1 @Undertaker411 if you have a personal issue with Quick man up and have a conversation about it. Use the number posted and work out your issues. Don't make up football issues trying to cause an unnecessary rift in a program that is doing well right now! WER'RE FOCUSED ON GETTING A GOLD BALL!!

5 minutes ago, Undertaker411 said:

Well that would be a great question for the administration you mentioned above! Jason Quick would love to answer that. 454-2620! From my understanding he attended baseball practice Monday afternoon to watch his senior (who also skipped) son practice, all while not allowing the football seniors to attend practice! He puts on a good front on Friday nights trotting around seeming like he enjoys football! Abuse of authority it seems.  

I would say the new super from franklin special school district is pretty much an ego maniac also!  Makes for a tough road for folks in T-Town having to deal with that crap.  Why not use a DR. Note, Parent Note and move on.  Seems pretty simple.

46 minutes ago, Fawhy said:

Athletes are being held accountable and it shouldn't be a question as to what's going on elsewhere in the school. Baseball was punished as well. Athletes being held accountable should be a good thing. Usually its the other way around , athletes get away with everything. @Sweetness1 @Undertaker411 if you have a personal issue with Quick man up and have a conversation about it. Use the number posted and work out your issues. Don't make up football issues trying to cause an unnecessary rift in a program that is doing well right now! WER'RE FOCUSED ON GETTING A GOLD BALL!!

Parent notes are accountability Mr. Phony!  Those are a Real thing in School.  What if Mr quick told a group it was no big deal and now he is going punish a few.  People can question anything!  Football team was suppose to go home on Monday?  They didn't!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

33 minutes ago, Sweetness1 said:

Parent notes are accountability Mr. Phony!  Those are a Real thing in School.  What if Mr quick told a group it was no big deal and now he is going punish a few.  People can question anything!  Football team was suppose to go home on Monday?  They didn't!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

False. The seniors left practice and the grounds and went and practiced off campus on their own. The seniors did their punishment last night. As far as the senior football players, the matter is closed. They are focused on Montgomery Central Friday night. I think we all need to do the same and cheer them on instead of trying to bring unnecessary drama to a message board. 

1 hour ago, Fawhy said:

No one said anything about a personal issue. Accountability is a great thing, when accountability is needed. To my understanding parents knew and ok’d their children missing school! They laid out of school.. it’s not like they were running the town causing terror or doing drugs. No “rift” to be caused! Like I stated above, a day of rest and some extra practice never hurt anyone. Now go get that Gold Ball! That group of young men have worked hard for it! 

Tullahoma is playing its best football of the season and I think Montgomery Central is as well. With each playing its best the edge goes to the Wildcats. 

All this other is just a sideshow. I've been doing this 35 years, and this is the most focused Tullahoma team I've ever seen.

When these two teams met on Oct. 8, Tullahoma fumbled the opening kickoff, giving the Indians the ball at the 12 and they marched in for a TD. After that, Montgomery Central punted seven times and turned it over three times.

With 9:14 left in the first quarter Tullahoma trailed for the only time this season. The Wildcats responded with a 70-yard march for a TD with 6:40 left in the first. That is 2 minutes and 34 seconds that Tullahoma has trailed ALL SEASON.

The defense is stifling, the special teams are outstanding, and the offense is balanced and highly explosive.

It is difficult to beat a quality opponent twice in a season, and the Indians have proven their quality the past couple of weeks. However, Tullahoma held MC to 100 yards total offense and I just don't see the visitors finding a path to victory at Wilkins Stadium.

15 minutes ago, ScottShasteen said:

Tullahoma is playing its best football of the season and I think Montgomery Central is as well. With each playing its best the edge goes to the Wildcats. 

All this other is just a sideshow. I've been doing this 35 years, and this is the most focused Tullahoma team I've ever seen.

When these two teams met on Oct. 8, Tullahoma fumbled the opening kickoff, giving the Indians the ball at the 12 and they marched in for a TD. After that, Montgomery Central punted seven times and turned it over three times.

With 9:14 left in the first quarter Tullahoma trailed for the only time this season. The Wildcats responded with a 70-yard march for a TD with 6:40 left in the first. That is 2 minutes and 34 seconds that Tullahoma has trailed ALL SEASON.

The defense is stifling, the special teams are outstanding, and the offense is balanced and highly explosive.

It is difficult to beat a quality opponent twice in a season, and the Indians have proven their quality the past couple of weeks. However, Tullahoma held MC to 100 yards total offense and I just don't see the visitors finding a path to victory at Wilkins Stadium.

Most focused?

where would you rank it if they were to play last years team, the 99 team and the antonio london/matthews team. 

not sure there are any other teams worthy of being listed with those. 

18 hours ago, TTownDad said:

False. The seniors left practice and the grounds and went and practiced off campus on their own. The seniors did their punishment last night. As far as the senior football players, the matter is closed. They are focused on Montgomery Central Friday night. I think we all need to do the same and cheer them on instead of trying to bring unnecessary drama to a message board. 

FALSE????  So the strength guy didn't take them there to run them?  Messages were not sent out?  They were told to go home but I guess you defy what was said and go do conditioning at the park?  You better get the whole story!  I promise you that you do not want the rest of the story!  You think you are the town squire for Tullahoma Football but u are not.  You must be a first or second year football dad.  Probably the guy that sees a coach in town and runs to brown nose them.  

53 minutes ago, ScottShasteen said:

Very Similar to last year.  Big wins all year long until the damp night with a team that made adjustments in 3rd round not second. I'm not sure last years team trailed either.   3-Missed kicks and missed handled snap on a punt lead to an embarrassing loss.  Also going under center was a bad idea with the offensive game plan.  Playoffs can cause some players to only be players when you are up 21-0 kicking to go to 24 and eventually hanging on for a 24-21 win.  When it comes to winning the game with the same calmness down by 1 can freak some out.  Never playing with it all on the line can be dangerous in sports.  It is the same team with only 3 or 4 that graduated?  I do see Tullahoma waxing MC but I also thought they would handle Nolensville last year.  

1 hour ago, Sweetness1 said:

FALSE????  So the strength guy didn't take them there to run them?  Messages were not sent out?  They were told to go home but I guess you defy what was said and go do conditioning at the park?  You better get the whole story!  I promise you that you do not want the rest of the story!  You think you are the town squire for Tullahoma Football but u are not.  You must be a first or second year football dad.  Probably the guy that sees a coach in town and runs to brown nose them.  

Cupcake????Sweetness1????SM??????Why are you so dadgum mad at Tullahoma football dude?  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, epanther said:

Very Similar to last year.  Big wins all year long until the damp night with a team that made adjustments in 3rd round not second. I'm not sure last years team trailed either.   3-Missed kicks and missed handled snap on a punt lead to an embarrassing loss.  Also going under center was a bad idea with the offensive game plan.  Playoffs can cause some players to only be players when you are up 21-0 kicking to go to 24 and eventually hanging on for a 24-21 win.  When it comes to winning the game with the same calmness down by 1 can freak some out.  Never playing with it all on the line can be dangerous in sports.  It is the same team with only 3 or 4 that graduated?  I do see Tullahoma waxing MC but I also thought they would handle Nolensville last year.  

This dude.  I bet you’re a musician in a local band.