Humboldt @ Lake Co

shockernation

59 minutes ago, lakecounty1968 said:

I am not saying that some of it is not on him but the seniors and the rest should be accountable too. That sideline and crowd was dead last Friday night. A coach can only motivate so much the kids also have to get into it. The unsportsmanlike penalties are driving me crazy. No excuses for them at all. It's simple keep your mouth shut. The false start penalties are also driving me mad. You know what the snap count is. No excuse for a false start. 1 every once awhile I get not 4 or 5 a game. Unsportsmanlike penalties should never happen. That is on the player to keep his emotions in check. LC has too many of these type penalties. The kids on the sidelines need to be into the game supporting their teammates. Friday night it was like a funeral home on the sidelines. The crowd was no better. I really think LC overlooked Humboldt and it almost caught them. LC seems to do alot of this for some reason. LC has not played a complete game this season at all. LC has played down to the competition in almost every game that they should of blown out the opponent. Outside of UC, Peabody and Haywood, LC should have mercy ruled every other opponent on the schedule. It is the coaches job to motivate and prepare his team but the kids should be excited about playing the game and help with the motivation. 

I completely agree with every word spoken.

3 hours ago, lakecounty1968 said:

Here is my thing with opening things up. LC has struggled to throw the ball all season. The passing game is very, very inconsistent. A team must establish an identity. LC identity should be running the ball with few passes mixed in. LC to many times will be running the ball and then try an throw a pass and that seems to kill drives. Penalties are a big issue with this team and discipline is another big problem right now. LC plays with little emotion and passion. That's not all on coaching. You are in the playoffs and should be able to motivate yourself. Some seem to have the attitude that they can just show up and win. That's why LC plays down to the competition. All of you who want to throw the ball around must not be watching the same games I am. I agree get the ball to the playmakers but do it in the run game because the pass game just isn't working right now. LC has top 10 talent but hasn't played up to that this season at all. Coach Quinn is in his 2nd year and has dealt with more than most coaches. He is also still learning as he goes. He has no benefit of having an experience assistant coach to help him. Bigster tell who he was supposed to beat that he hadn't? Maybe Union City that's all I can think of. Fayetteville was the only other team that he could have beat and he had us right in that game until the very end.

That's what I'm saying.LC has beaten everyone they should cause of more talent and weak Single A competition.Id think any coach in Single A would have won those same games, except by larger margins in most.Telk me a top team he has really beaten was the question.

3 hours ago, lakecounty1968 said:

Here is my thing with opening things up. LC has struggled to throw the ball all season. The passing game is very, very inconsistent. A team must establish an identity. LC identity should be running the ball with few passes mixed in. LC to many times will be running the ball and then try an throw a pass and that seems to kill drives. Penalties are a big issue with this team and discipline is another big problem right now. LC plays with little emotion and passion. That's not all on coaching. You are in the playoffs and should be able to motivate yourself. Some seem to have the attitude that they can just show up and win. That's why LC plays down to the competition. All of you who want to throw the ball around must not be watching the same games I am. I agree get the ball to the playmakers but do it in the run game because the pass game just isn't working right now. LC has top 10 talent but hasn't played up to that this season at all. Coach Quinn is in his 2nd year and has dealt with more than most coaches. He is also still learning as he goes. He has no benefit of having an experience assistant coach to help him. Bigster tell who he was supposed to beat that he hadn't? Maybe Union City that's all I can think of. Fayetteville was the only other team that he could have beat and he had us right in that game until the very end.

And I agree with you about the passing game.Sometimes on the deep balls,he just slings it.Havent seen many slants etc.LC identity is running the ball.Dont think LC can do that on Trenton.Know LC qb broke a long run against them.May break one every once in awhile for a good gain but Trenton too fast .Hope I'm wrong.Know LC is a year ago and qb is going to be ok.Still young but has talent.Sometimes I think he just rushes and slings it.

1 minute ago, mrbigster said:

And I agree with you about the passing game.Sometimes on the deep balls,he just slings it.Havent seen many slants etc.LC identity is running the ball.Dont think LC can do that on Trenton.Know LC qb broke a long run against them.May break one every once in awhile for a good gain but Trenton too fast .Hope I'm wrong.Know LC is a year ago and qb is going to be ok.Still young but has talent.Sometimes I think he just rushes and slings it.

But I'm satisfied. Knew LC was young.Like you said,.They winning .Think next year with no unexpected player injuries or losses ,should mercy rule most teams.And hoping LC gets another player on next year's team .Maybe they will.Maybe they wont. Wont comment about that.But LC will be fine.

11 minutes ago, mrbigster said:

That's what I'm saying.LC has beaten everyone they should cause of more talent and weak Single A competition.Id think any coach in Single A would have won those same games, except by larger margins in most.Telk me a top team he has really beaten was the question.

What top team has been on the schedule? He has lost to Westview, Union City, Fayetteville, Trenton and Haywood County. Outside of Union City and maybe Fayetteville who was he supposed to beat? All those teams were much better than LC.

6 minutes ago, lakecounty1968 said:

What top team has been on the schedule? He has lost to Westview, Union City, Fayetteville, Trenton and Haywood County. Outside of Union City and maybe Fayetteville who was he supposed to beat? All those teams were much better than LC.

I know the teams you listed.Knew he wasn't beating Haywood or Trenton this year.But until he beats a Union City,Conersville,Fayetteville,he hasnt really done anything any other coach wouldn't have done.And think most coaches would won by larger margins.But a win is a win.But He hasn't coached a quality win yet.Maybe West Carroll last year.This West Carroll team had a good record but wasn't close to last year's team

Edited by mrbigster

2 minutes ago, mrbigster said:

I know the teams you listed.Knew he wasn't beating Haywood or Trenton this year.But until he beats a Union City,Conersville,Fayetteville,he hasnt really done anything any other coach wouldn't have done.And think most coaches would won by larger margins.But a win is a win.But He hasn't coached a quality win yet.Maybe West Carroll last year.This West Carroll team had a good record but wasn't close to last year's team

Anyway.Doesnt matter.On to play Trenton.

1 minute ago, mrbigster said:

You can only beat the teams on your schedule. Winning by 1 or 100 is the same in the end. I do think we should have mercy ruled most on the schedule this year. Many things go into that happening and for whatever reason this team seems to play down to the competition. I hope its them just being young. Lots of stuff that has got to get cleaned up or we will endure this again next year. I really think things will get corrected. LC administration has to get him some quality help.

1 hour ago, lakecounty1968 said:

You can only beat the teams on your schedule. Winning by 1 or 100 is the same in the end. I do think we should have mercy ruled most on the schedule this year. Many things go into that happening and for whatever reason this team seems to play down to the competition. I hope its them just being young. Lots of stuff that has got to get cleaned up or we will endure this again next year. I really think things will get corrected. LC administration has to get him some quality help.

That's the key...quality help! We need people on the sideline that understands the game. Quinn is practically coaching this team by himself with the exception of the guys helping him. There is no way humanly possible that one coach can dedicate enough time to all the different aspects of the game offense, defense, special  teams etc and adequately prepare them for game day, time doesn't allow for it. We need some coaches with a fire and energy. Of course, it's up to the players to get fired up but coaches lead by example and should lead the way. Lake county is and has always been an attractive job simply because the people and players expect to win whenever they step onto the field. I hope our administration including the athletic director can correct this ship during the offseason. Coach Quinn needs help coaching these young men. If he can and I believe he will get some quality, experienced and proven help this team will be deadly the next several years. 

11 hours ago, lakecounty1968 said:

I agree

20 hours ago, truefalconfan said:

That's the key...quality help! We need people on the sideline that understands the game. Quinn is practically coaching this team by himself with the exception of the guys helping him. There is no way humanly possible that one coach can dedicate enough time to all the different aspects of the game offense, defense, special  teams etc and adequately prepare them for game day, time doesn't allow for it. We need some coaches with a fire and energy. Of course, it's up to the players to get fired up but coaches lead by example and should lead the way. Lake county is and has always been an attractive job simply because the people and players expect to win whenever they step onto the field. I hope our administration including the athletic director can correct this ship during the offseason. Coach Quinn needs help coaching these young men. If he can and I believe he will get some quality, experienced and proven help this team will be deadly the next several years. 

I STILL don’t know who you are but this is spot on!