Humboldt @ Lake Co

shockernation

Rematch between region foes. LC won the first game 42-0 and only played about 5 minutes of the 2nd half due to lightning! Best all around game LC has played except maybe the 1st half vs Peabody! Humboldt did have 6 turnovers in the first one. I like LC to advance to the big rematch with Peabody but we cannot get caught looking ahead! 

2 hours ago, shockernation said:

Rematch between region foes. LC won the first game 42-0 and only played about 5 minutes of the 2nd half due to lightning! Best all around game LC has played except maybe the 1st half vs Peabody! Humboldt did have 6 turnovers in the first one. I like LC to advance to the big rematch with Peabody but we cannot get caught looking ahead! 

Yes, Actually Humboldt had seven (7) turnovers the first game hopefully they will be turnover free & play a better game. If, the Vikings can cut down on the mistake I think it will be a better game but LC wins by two (2) TD’s, Humboldt offense is unpredictable don’t know what to expect but Humboldt has a young team.

1 hour ago, 87vikingalumni said:

Yes, Actually Humboldt had seven (7) turnovers the first game hopefully they will be turnover free & play a better game. If, the Vikings can cut down on the mistake I think it will be a better game but LC wins by two (2) TD’s, Humboldt offense is unpredictable don’t know what to expect but Humboldt has a young team.

I am glad to see Humboldt playing better and not only returning to the playoffs but getting a big win last Friday. Congrats. 

1 hour ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

I am glad to see Humboldt playing better and not only returning to the playoffs but getting a big win last Friday. Congrats. 

Thanks, it’s been five (5) years since they have been in playoffs this team is very young & need to cutdown on careless turnovers & penalties but plays hard! Humboldt will have to play a GREAT game Friday to have a chance to be Lake county!

On 11/7/2021 at 3:25 AM, shockernation said:

Humboldt might surprise you lol

I look for Humboldt to play hard and not have so many turnovers this time around. The difference in the game will be Lake County being more physical than Humboldt. Humboldt will struggle to block the LC defense. Humboldt has improved alot this season but they do not match up well from a physical standpoint. If LC plays up to their capabilities then the score will be much like the first meeting. LC cannot afford to be looking ahead to Peabody. If they do this could be a very interesting game. LC played very well against Bluff City. Bluff City wasn't very good at all and that's being nice. Hopefully LC is starting to play it's best football. 

10 minutes ago, lakecounty1968 said:

I look for Humboldt to play hard and not have so many turnovers this time around. The difference in the game will be Lake County being more physical than Humboldt. Humboldt will struggle to block the LC defense. Humboldt has improved alot this season but they do not match up well from a physical standpoint. If LC plays up to their capabilities then the score will be much like the first meeting. LC cannot afford to be looking ahead to Peabody. If they do this could be a very interesting game. LC played very well against Bluff City. Bluff City wasn't very good at all and that's being nice. Hopefully LC is starting to play it's best football. 

I agree, LC might win but seven (7) turnovers by Humboldt six (6) weeks ago was the difference. Defense stayed on the field all night & it showed in 2nd half. LC may will by 14 or 21 almost but it want be 42-0!! 

49 minutes ago, shockernation said:

Actually I hope it’s much closer! We haven’t had a challenge in about 5 weeks 

Hopefully, it will be a better game then the first game the Vikings will have to play a perfect game & hope LC is looking to Trenton game. It’s not how you start but how you finish the Vikings just need to give it all on every play! 

2 hours ago, 87vikingalumni said:

Hopefully, it will be a better game then the first game the Vikings will have to play a perfect game & hope LC is looking to Trenton game. It’s not how you start but how you finish the Vikings just need to give it all on every play! 

Lake County is not good enough right now to be looking ahead to Trenton.

On 11/7/2021 at 6:19 AM, 87vikingalumni said:

Humboldt was pretty dang tough back in my days