Humboldt @ Lake Co

shockernation

I will say that I'm impressed with Coach Pettigrew and his staff at Humboldt. They played Lausanne, Peabody (had to), and Riverside and they all combined to go for 26-3 record. Should've won 5 games this year. They were in the driving seat to beat West Carroll, but an officiating blunder prevented that. I do not believe they will Friday night. Humboldt is not ready. However, they need to be really competitive in this game, and take the momentum they have into the offseason. The upcoming offseason for Humboldt will be their season. If they take advantage of the offseason and get into the weight room, then they're going into the right direction at full speed.

1 minute ago, TryNotToSuck said:

I will say that I'm impressed with Coach Pettigrew and his staff at Humboldt. They played Lausanne, Peabody (had to), and Riverside and they all combined to go for 26-3 record. Should've won 5 games this year. They were in the driving seat to beat West Carroll, but an officiating blunder prevented that. I do not believe they will Friday night. Humboldt is not ready. However, they need to be really competitive in this game, and take the momentum they have into the offseason. The upcoming offseason for Humboldt will be their season. If they take advantage of the offseason and get into the weight room, then they're going into the right direction at full speed.

I think making the playoffs and winning a game was big time for the Vikings. Yes hopefully they keep the momentum going. 

1 hour ago, 87vikingalumni said:

Yes, left tackle is a freshmen & there’s a 8th grader about his size that already has good technique. 

That's two good tackles right there for three years to come for the both of them. Would like to see the LT get leaner and transition his weight in the weight room. Time will do that. But the sky is the limit for the both of them and they could very well be contenders in 2023. If the foot work is there, the two players have amazing potential. I'm not saying SEC because that's a unfair expectation to put on a 14/15 year old kid.