Hendersonville vs Gallatin 2nd round 6A playoffs

mondo44

Commandos host the Green Wave in round 2 of the 6A playoffs at Paul Decker Field/Memorial Stadium.  Green Wave are a much improved team from the first meeting.  Lots of weapons in Carter, Merriweather, Brinkley, Cook, and an offense overall that is difficult to prepare for.  Very impressive lately on defense as they throttled a pretty good Smyrna team last week.  I expect a very physical hard hitting battle that will go to the 4th quarter.  Based on the fact that both teams like to run it most of the time this one could be over by 9pm.  

The Commandos have plenty of big play power in Ellis, Manning and Baker, the Wave defense has already seen them once this year and will again be greatly challenged to reign these guys in.  A big key for Gallatin will be to play well from the opening whistle, have some good things happen early, to be able to stay in it and give themselves a chance.  Hendersonville definitely has the horses to run away from a team, they can snowball a team in a hurry.  Get ready for lots of run plays!  Upper 40's and dry at kickoff, there should be a huge crowd for what is one of the longest standing Sumner County rivalries.  

• Like 2

28-0.

Thanks for exposing Gallatin's fraudulent coaching not once, but twice this year. People with two eyes have seen all they need need see with this staff. Its why I didn't post to this thread all week. I seen it coming from a mile away. Some of the worst schemes, overall effort, lack of awareness you can watch in a HS football game. It's a shame Smyrna even lost last week. They have to feel bad about that. There is enough talent on Gallatin's team to not get blown out like that, I'm sorry.

Congrats Hendersonville! Better coaching, better schemes, better effort, better execution. And the scoreboard proves it. 

Edited by thegreatone36
  • Upvote 1