Playoffs Quarterfinals: Henry County @ Springfield

BigRed88

5 minutes ago, ilovethegame said:

Under dog??!!! lol how many times in a row have yall won region 7 5A??????

UNDERDOG lol give me a break! We know whos coming to town, just saying what I see on film!

I'll leave my real football opinion out of this thread and just let the jokes roll.

Saturday morning ill give my detailed football breakdown of what caused what's coming, because even a blind rat can see it!

Who won Region 7-5A this season? Who is 10-2 and who is 7-5?? Case closed...see you Friday :thumb:

1 hour ago, osunut2 said:

The schizophrenic pendulum swings that I've seen on the T from the HC faithful have been pure gold all season. In the span of 3 months, we've gone from "Chattanooga bound" to "burn it all down" to "Chattanooga here we come" again.

I was worried we were going to have a few folks committed ~6 weeks ago  :lol:

this is spot on

29 minutes ago, ilovethegame said:

Under dog??!!! lol how many times in a row have yall won region 7 5A??????

UNDERDOG lol give me a break! We know whos coming to town, just saying what I see on film!

I'll leave my real football opinion out of this thread and just let the jokes roll.

Saturday morning ill give my detailed football breakdown of what caused what's coming, because even a blind rat can see it!

My guess is that you won't be anywhere to be found on here come Saturday morning.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, ilovethegame said:

Henry is a physical team but very slow, and looked even slower on that Munford grass last Friday night.

I see the Jackets kicking it deep and making Henry drive the length of the field, seeing what they really have and not letting them start every drive at the 50 or better. Plenty of holes in that Henry secondary.

Henry honestly looks slower as a team than they did earlier this season.

3rd Quarterfinals game for this very experienced senior class, think Henry will be surprised when they see this Springfield team at home in SPT playoff mode!

I hope we see you after Friday night on here...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Announcements

• Recent Posts

• Did this happen? Does anyone know? Ripley has their HC job posted on the bulletin board over the weekend.
    • Coalfield definitely isn't the same team they've had the past few years. They are still the favorites to make it out of their region because of their pitching. They have 1 arm that sits low to mid 80s and 2 other arms that are mid to high 70s with good off speed stuff. If you can avoid their top 3 bats in their lineup then you have a shot to beat them. Their 4-9 hitters are average at best. Wartburg's ace was able to shut them down last week in the game Wartburg won 4-2. 
    • It is the longest season. Plus, 30 games a year. No Christmas break. I would say basketball is the most time consuming. 
    • No movement on Chester? South Gibson? Gibson County?
    • Winfree's senior year was the season she needed to secure more college interest. That opportunity was taken away from her. A lot of false assumptions can be made about what happened and what the options are. Unfortunately, the former coach and administration did not allow Winfree to have due process. A lawsuit was filed for a reason, and it will run its course by people who conduct discovery and take depositions. Unless the parties settle out of court, a lot of the pertinent issues will come to the public surface. I wrote about many of the issues here: https://bdnewsletter.news/2023/11/17/grounds-for-investigation-and-suspension/ I interviewed Winfree after she was dismissed from the team and wrote about it here: https://bdnewsletter.news/2023/12/01/a-new-interview-with-sable-winfree/ Winfree had been on teams in Warren County since the fourth grade and never been dismissed from a team. The real questions are why was Winfree dismissed from the team, and why the administration backed a coach whom they did not rehire.